Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Diamondback db9??? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/diamondback-db9-86932/)

running_fool 03-19-2013 05:09 PM

Diamondback db9???

I have an opportunity to get a diamondback db9 for a steal. Anyone have experience or opinion?

Tackleberry1 03-19-2013 05:14 PM

I've heard mixed review... more bad than good if I recall correctly but I've never personally fired one.

Stick around... I'm sure and experienced owner will by along shortly.

Tack

Hectocotylus 03-19-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by running_fool
I have an opportunity to get a diamondback db9 for a steal. Anyone have experience or opinion?

Depends how good of a steal it is. If you can get a great deal and are willing to risk a bit then ya. But there have been "mixed" reviews

running_fool 03-19-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
I've heard mixed review... more bad than good if I recall correctly but I've never personally fired one.

Stick around... I'm sure and experienced owner will by along shortly.

Tack

Thanks, I always like to really look into something before making a decision.

Max-Q 03-20-2013 04:24 AM

I have one. Never had any issues with it. It does what is supposed to do and goes bang every time I pull the trigger. It's light and very easy to toss into a pocket.

I haven't heard of any problems with them. A guy I work with has one too and I know he hasn't had any problems either since he's the one that recommended the DB9 to me.

jfinch2377 03-20-2013 02:44 PM

I bought the DB380 a few weeks ago, and after about 200 rounds, I have had zero issues. I have fired Critical Defense, Federal HydraShoks, Magtech FMJ, PMC Starfire and have shot nothing but very tight groups out to ten yards.

Having liked my DB380 so much, I started looking at reviews for the DB9 and have found them very mixed. Those that have had issues generally are either #1 shooting poor quality or +P ammo(it specifically is not rated for it), or #2, bought the gun as soon as it came out. (Always wait a few months until the kinks are worked out of a new model of gun or car!)

purehavoc 03-20-2013 05:54 PM

I have one and so far 250+ rds its been a good CCW gun . it is very accurate at 7 yards , good trigger, no BS safety's, striker fired, 6+1 capacity, , simple to field strip , lifetime warranty , great customer service . very thin and easy to conceal , lesser recoil than my LC9 and by far a 10X better trigger

One might consider these flaws but they dont apply to me besides the 1 mag , only comes with one mag, no +P ammo, no ammo over 124 gr.

Obama_is_balls 03-20-2013 11:34 PM

I've sent 7 back for repair out of about 25,each for something different. Most for not ejecting the round. Wouldn't recommend

running_fool 03-26-2013 04:47 PM

Is the db9 better than the Kel tec pf9? Reliability with my pf9 is an issue I have a lot of experience shooting but my pf9 doesn't like to eject certain brands of ammo. The size of the db9 is so tempting.

jfinch2377 03-26-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by running_fool
Is the db9 better than the Kel tec pf9? Reliability with my pf9 is an issue I have a lot of experience shooting but my pf9 doesn't like to eject certain brands of ammo. The size of the db9 is so tempting.

Without having owned or shot the DB9, I simply couldn't make that judgement. I DO own a PF9, and having shot it for a year, I have yet to experience even one malfunction of any sorts. The DB380 that I have feels like a better quality gun than the PF9 and certainly the comparable P3AT, and a lot of that has to do with it being striker fired, thus a MUCH better trigger pull.