Diamondback DB380 First Impressions
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Diamondback DB380 First Impressions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 04:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Default Diamondback DB380 First Impressions

Well, she finally came today! What a sweet little pistol. I should (with any luck) be able to get her out to the range this weekend so that I can give further impressions.

Let me just say that if you haven't held one of these, you need to go do so as soon as possible. The trigger is a very smooth DAO IMO, with a reliable, repeatable, trigger reset, even if it is a long reset. The memory pads I find to be much more effective than those on my Glock 23, especially when being held one-handed.

EXO slide finish is very satisfying. Its matte enough that I don't have too much concern, but "flashy" enough that I can draw some attention at the range.

Mag release is very stiff.

If your hands are much larger than mine (slightly large at 6' 3"), you may find the trigger somewhat troublesome due to the loooong trigger pull and the limited distance between the rear of the grip and where the trigger breaks. We will have to see what kind of problems this may raise at the range.

The sights, which I have heard so much praise about, are a little less than I expected. Perhaps it is just my particular firearm, but the rear sights seem to be almost faded. Front sight is very nice however, and assuming the gun functions to my satisfaction, I intend to get some of the Trijicon night sights for it.

So, range review soon, ask questions if ya got them!

img00131-20110901-1109.jpg  

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Last edited by BigByrd47119; 09-02-2011 at 06:16 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2570 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Big Byrd,

Before you take her out be sure to be sure it is cleaned and lubricated properly. Sometimes the companies test fire them and ship them out. I recently purchased a Kahr P-380 and one of the guys here on the FTF submitted a thread prior to my pistol getting her. He was correct it was a little dirty inside. And since they need a little break in time when new the dirt doesn't help. So I cleaned mine and lubed the slide and contact points on the frame before going to the range and she ran like a sewing machine right out of the box. By the way I like your Diamondback DB380. Looks like a very well made pistol.
I have sent a picture of my Kahr they look like almost the same size. Enjoy it and are they easy to conceal? Yes! I carry mine in a DeSantis Ankle holster at the present because of very light clothing in this heat!

kahr-p-380-size.jpg  

Old 09-02-2011, 11:19 PM   #3

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Yea! Slips right into the front pocket with the desantis nemesis. Yup, she is a little dirty as well from what I assume was a test round. Cleaned and lubed now. Just waiting for the opportunity to go squeeze a few off now!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun