Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Diamondback .380 (DB380) Feedback?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 03:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Default Diamondback .380 (DB380) Feedback?

Hello everyone,

Just what the title says. Does anyone have any feedback? The LGS has one ordered so I cant take a look at it, but most of what I have read has been very interesting/encouraging. Lets hear it; the good, the bad, and the ugly!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-18-2011, 04:42 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2601 Times on 1368 Posts
Likes Given: 202

I can see a couple of problems coming; I cannot see how the mechanism works, but it looks like Glock will sue them for patent infringement. I would not be surprised if Colt still has the copyright on the name Diamondback in relation to firearms. If so, this company will be short lived.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 08-18-2011, 05:19 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I can see a couple of problems coming; I cannot see how the mechanism works, but it looks like Glock will sue them for patent infringement. I would not be surprised if Colt still has the copyright on the name Diamondback in relation to firearms. If so, this company will be short lived.
It is a lot like the mechanism used by Glock, but its not like they would be the first manufacturer to copy a competitors design. As for Colt, I cannot say and that is news to me. I don't think the company will go under though, their main market involved boats prior to their entrance into firearms.

Any further thought with those in mind? I only ask because this aspect is still pretty new to me.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 08-18-2011, 10:15 AM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2658 Times on 1549 Posts
Likes Given: 1178

According to on gun rag I get (Shooting Sports Retailer), Kahr has started a "Copy right infringement" suit against DB.

From those I have seen, it looks to be a nice firearm. The people who have purchased them seem pleased.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
According to on gun rag I get (Shooting Sports Retailer), Kahr has started a "Copy right infringement" suit against DB.

From those I have seen, it looks to be a nice firearm. The people who have purchased them seem pleased.
Any indication as to why? I'm not terribly familiar with Kahr, but if anything, it resembles a glock.

---Ron Paul

---Tom Braun

Old 08-19-2011, 12:20 AM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2658 Times on 1549 Posts
Likes Given: 1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Any indication as to why? I'm not terribly familiar with Kahr, but if anything, it resembles a glock.
Internally, there are supposedly alot of things that copy the Kahr.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-19-2011, 03:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Internally, there are supposedly alot of things that copy the Kahr.
I really dont see that much similar between the two (just pulled up some youtube videos).

Can anyone speak to performance or difficulties with the DB380?

---Ron Paul

---Tom Braun

Old 08-19-2011, 04:01 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

A close friend of mine has one and the gun feels very similar to my Glock 26 when firing it. Neither of us were able to hit anything with the Diamondback though. It was tough to get the correct sight picture with that small frame. We didn't have any other issues with it, and I don't think he has had any issues since I shot it with him.

It is a neat little pistol for sure, though. Even if I was a bad shot with it. Price point isn't bad either.