Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Diamondback .380 (DB380) Feedback? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/diamondback-380-db380-feedback-47023/)

BigByrd47119 08-18-2011 03:52 AM

Diamondback .380 (DB380) Feedback?

Hello everyone,

Just what the title says. Does anyone have any feedback? The LGS has one ordered so I cant take a look at it, but most of what I have read has been very interesting/encouraging. Lets hear it; the good, the bad, and the ugly!:cool:

robocop10mm 08-18-2011 04:42 AM

I can see a couple of problems coming; I cannot see how the mechanism works, but it looks like Glock will sue them for patent infringement. I would not be surprised if Colt still has the copyright on the name Diamondback in relation to firearms. If so, this company will be short lived.

BigByrd47119 08-18-2011 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 565348)
I can see a couple of problems coming; I cannot see how the mechanism works, but it looks like Glock will sue them for patent infringement. I would not be surprised if Colt still has the copyright on the name Diamondback in relation to firearms. If so, this company will be short lived.

It is a lot like the mechanism used by Glock, but its not like they would be the first manufacturer to copy a competitors design. As for Colt, I cannot say and that is news to me. I don't think the company will go under though, their main market involved boats prior to their entrance into firearms.

Any further thought with those in mind? I only ask because this aspect is still pretty new to me.

danf_fl 08-18-2011 10:15 AM

According to on gun rag I get (Shooting Sports Retailer), Kahr has started a "Copy right infringement" suit against DB.

From those I have seen, it looks to be a nice firearm. The people who have purchased them seem pleased.

BigByrd47119 08-18-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 565396)
According to on gun rag I get (Shooting Sports Retailer), Kahr has started a "Copy right infringement" suit against DB.

From those I have seen, it looks to be a nice firearm. The people who have purchased them seem pleased.

Any indication as to why? I'm not terribly familiar with Kahr, but if anything, it resembles a glock.

danf_fl 08-19-2011 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 (Post 565409)
Any indication as to why? I'm not terribly familiar with Kahr, but if anything, it resembles a glock.

Internally, there are supposedly alot of things that copy the Kahr.

BigByrd47119 08-19-2011 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 565746)
Internally, there are supposedly alot of things that copy the Kahr.

I really dont see that much similar between the two (just pulled up some youtube videos).

Can anyone speak to performance or difficulties with the DB380?

Rmason2008 08-19-2011 04:01 AM

A close friend of mine has one and the gun feels very similar to my Glock 26 when firing it. Neither of us were able to hit anything with the Diamondback though. It was tough to get the correct sight picture with that small frame. We didn't have any other issues with it, and I don't think he has had any issues since I shot it with him.

It is a neat little pistol for sure, though. Even if I was a bad shot with it. Price point isn't bad either.