Which Design is Most User-Friendly? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Which Design is Most User-Friendly?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 07:08 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

The US Military doesn't buy from FFL Dealers. They buy direct from the factory. So your "in the know" dealers are blowing smoke up your 5th point of contact.

I want to see Government purchase orders for Glocks.

I have plenty of friends still in the Army some of which just came back from Afgan. Funny when talking to them none of them ever seen a glock in the sandbox unless it was on troops from another country.

Last edited by cpttango30; 07-22-2011 at 07:11 PM.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:16 PM   #52

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

That's what I was told by my friends in the army, and the dury's gun shop and Gt distributors told me. Just face it, Glock is good weapon. You're close minded and blinded by mental blocks against Glocks. I didn't know your guns, I could probably out shoot you with yours. I just merely made a suggestion based on facts. No reason to get uptight. Let the man or woman choose for himself, if likes Glocks or hates them. Let them decide. Not all people can afford the big nice guns and maybe the person is in a budget. Civilian price for a Glock is about $520.00 NIB with 2 high cap mags, it's a good deal. Go to the light and become a real shooter, shooters enjoy weapons of different types. I guess in a way I am a fanboy, I appreciate a good firearms and I also enjoy shooting different types. I'm even a good sport when somebody shows me up at the range, and if they beat me then I'll even take some pointers from them. I work in law enforcement and I have seen Glocks go through alot of crap and function fine. Even first generations that have already had thousands of rounds a year put threw them and get shot dry(no lube and dirty) function without fail. I've been with my department for 7 years and seen them use the same Glocks when I was in the academy with new cadets, and some of them are first time shooters. If it were up to me, we would be carrying Sig's at work, but we carry Glocks. I have 3rd gen G22 for duty and a 2nd gen G23 off duty, and neither guns has failed me once.

I don't know what your friends do in the military, maybe medic or truck driver, but a few of mine were infantry man and they had Glock 22s. And as far as government paper work goes, they won't even show you paperwork for m9s.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #53

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30
The US Military doesn't buy from FFL Dealers. They buy direct from the factory. So your "in the know" dealers are blowing smoke up your 5th point of contact.

I want to see Government purchase orders for Glocks.

I have plenty of friends still in the Army some of which just came back from Afgan. Funny when talking to them none of them ever seen a glock in the sandbox unless it was on troops from another country.
One of my sgts has this in his office, "you can't fix stupid". How in the hell do you know where the military buys their guns, the places I buy weapons sell weapons to LE and military sales only, no civilian sales on weapons. You have to have proper credentials or paper work to purchase for personal or agency sales. So how much and what do you know smart guy.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:49 PM   #54

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznZOhAn

Well the beretta m9 was jamming in Iraq and Afghanistan, law enforcement dealers have been sending Glock 22s over seas to our troops, I know cause several friends of mine in the military and law enforcement told me and so did law enforcement gun dealers. 2 different gun stores, and my co-workers in the reserves told me. The Glock succeeds where the failed. Let me ask you, would go swimming in ocean with your pistols, burry one of them in sand or mud, freeze it in a block of ice at -40 degrees, or through it in rocks and then shoot it. Everybody in the military I know hates the m9, and the m9 is only rated for up to 35,000 rounds. Real good gun, can't even stand by their product. Kimber has a one year warranty, that awesome(not really)

Guess what, revolvers don't have safeties either, great choice for a beginner(something with a manual safety). I've owned a beretta inox and traded it for a Glock 22. The good thing about beretta is they hold a value. I used own a kimber pro custom 2 and traded it for a sig.
I never said they were issued, I said they were sent to replace the m9s that jamming. One of my friends/coworker in the reserves started of with a m9 then halfway through his tour they switched his side arm to a G22. His m9 did jam playing in the sands in Iraq and Afghanistan, but his Glock saved his ass cause worked every time. A battle or gun fight is the last place I want to find out my gun isn't good around sand, dust, or mud. I wanna see my girlfriend and I wanna see my daughter grow up. I'll even through you a cookie, my Beretta INOX was accurate and I did like the way it shot and felt, but I need something that's going to function every time. I protect and serve my community and I hunt, and I carry my Glock. My G23 is accurate enough to hit a squirrel in the head at 10 meters(my ex-father in law eats them). When crap hits the fan, I wanna know I gave it my best shot, not my service pistol failed cause it needs service and has to be babied. Let us see how many federal agencies use Glock, Sig, Springfield Armory, H&K, but not a beretta. Tommy Lee Jones said it best "get rid of that nickel plated sissy pistol and get yourself a Glock." just except defeat, the government, LE agencies, and even hollywood know Glocks work.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:09 PM   #55
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Old 07-23-2011, 01:19 PM   #56

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Lets see some purchas orders.

I never said glock was a bad gun. You just assume that I said that.

I simply said I didn't care for them. They are tough and they are reliable.

I simply choose to buy a firearm from a company that wants to sell to the public. Glock doesn't want to do that. Mr. Gaston doesn't think civilians should own guns.

Again I don't care what your buddy says. Never seen the military order from an FFL. Why not put up some proof.

As for you out shooting me with my guns. That is the funniest thing I have heard all day.

Here is a group from my first day shooting my AR.

Here is my 60 year old 22lr shooting bulk ammo at 100 yards.

25 yards with my Kimber Custom II and handloads.

This was just messing around with my Kimber at 15 yards. Shooting at the small scoring target on the big target.

If you want to try and out shoot me I live in Stafford VA. look me up when you get here and I will set up a day at the range.

Now if we could get back to the thread at hand.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:42 PM   #57

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30
Lets see some purchas orders.

I never said glock was a bad gun. You just assume that I said that.

I simply said I didn't care for them. They are tough and they are reliable.

I simply choose to buy a firearm from a company that wants to sell to the public. Glock doesn't want to do that. Mr. Gaston doesn't think civilians should own guns.

Again I don't care what your buddy says. Never seen the military order from an FFL. Why not put up some proof.

As for you out shooting me with my guns. That is the funniest thing I have heard all day.

Here is a group from my first day shooting my AR.

Here is my 60 year old 22lr shooting bulk ammo at 100 yards.

25 yards with my Kimber Custom II and handloads.

This was just messing around with my Kimber at 15 yards. Shooting at the small scoring target on the big target.

If you want to try and out shoot me I live in Stafford VA. look me up when you get here and I will set up a day at the range.

I don't own a 22 anymore but with an AR, and 1911 we shoot about par. As for mr. Glock I don't agree with him, cause in the case if zombies, martial law, home invasion, rape, murder, or some country bringing war to us, we need to defend our selves.
It doesn't matter what gaston wants in austria or Germany, cause we live in america and we have the right to have guns to protect ourselves and hunt. All I was trying to say is I like Glocks better than berettas.
No I don't have physical proof of military getting Glocks, except what my military friends have told me, and the gun shops I've gone to. A few friends from my agency went to dury's gun shop to order new Glocks and dury's told them they were on back order because they have been sending to Iraq, I was to hear them say that.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:39 AM   #58

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Yes. This, exactly. No more insults.