Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Desert Eagle 50ae problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Desert Eagle 50ae problem

Need some help. I just fired my desert eagle for the first time. The bolt carrier keeps getting stuck with the magazine. when I trie to chamber a round, the bolt carrier will get caught on the magazine. Any idea what's going on?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #2

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

No clue, sorry. But I would like to know why you bought it in .50AE comparatively to a smaller caliber?

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2665 Times on 1551 Posts
Likes Given: 1182

You have identified the problem. Get another mag.

The lips of your current mag could be out of line.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 03-25-2012, 01:05 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5323 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 336

contact kahr about it. ever since they took over desert eagle production the quality has gone south on em pretty drastically.

no idea how their cs is. but its liekly a faulty mag.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-25-2012, 02:52 AM   #5

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Can you take a pic of the problem? Try to show exactly where the slide is contacting the magazine. Are you sure it's contacting the magazine and not the slide lock on the gun? This was happening to me as this thing has pretty sharp recoil, my finger was hitting the slide release and causing the slide to lock open on every shot. I'm a lefty and my trigger finger was hitting it if you're a righty it could be your thumb.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 03-25-2012, 03:01 AM   #6

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Have you disassembled, cleaned, oiled, and lubricated the gun before shooting it?
The slide lock might be sticking due to the lack of lubrication.
Clean guns and oil, clean guns and lubrication are paramount to proper operation.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep
Can you take a pic of the problem? Try to show exactly where the slide is contacting the magazine. Are you sure it's contacting the magazine and not the slide lock on the gun? This was happening to me as this thing has pretty sharp recoil, my finger was hitting the slide release and causing the slide to lock open on every shot. I'm a lefty and my trigger finger was hitting it if you're a righty it could be your thumb.
Yeah I'm sure it's contacting the magazine. You can't release the magazine when it's caught. You have to push the slide back and then push it out from the top.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #8

OK, that settles that. It could be a badly made magazine, I suppose. I'll take a pic of mine from a few angles and see if yours is different. I'll post 'em ASAP.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Last edited by jeepejeep; 03-25-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #9

Here's the mag pics, hope they help.

img_1507.jpg   img_1508.jpg   img_1509.jpg   img_1510.jpg   img_1511.jpg  

img_1512.jpg   img_1513.jpg  

Jeff Cooper

Old 04-02-2012, 04:24 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the pictures. The magazine catch is not holding the magazine securely. Because of this the magazine is sitting deeper then it should. Because of that the top of the magazine catches the bolt carrier. Gun is going to have get serviced. That's if I can ever get through on customer service.