Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Desert Eagle .357 XIX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Desert Eagle .357 XIX

I have a desert eagle 357 XIX. I started out shooting 158gr Magtech SJHP and realized that the lead fouling caused all my jamming problems and bought some Blazer 158gr JHP and tried it yesterday. It only allowed the first shot but would not pick up and chamber a second round no matter what. I had to re-slide every time to chamber a new round. This happened trying three different magazines. I have since read that Blazer is low-ball ammo anyway especially in a great pistol such as the desert eagle or highpower!
I ordered some Black Hills 158gr JHP and am hoping for the best!
Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated!
At least I have an SP 101 to shoot up all the other stuff
Thanks,
Dan

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"We must indeed hang together or assuredly we will all hang seperately."
Ben Franklin

"Those who would make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
John F. Kennedy

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here