Deciding To Get My CCW - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Deciding To Get My CCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #21
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3234 Times on 1952 Posts
Likes Given: 3096

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc View Post
Personal preferences:::
I like the shoulder rig in cooler months where you cam cover with a light to heavy jacket,, just dont go in anywhere you may have to take your jacket off if you get to hot. Some wear them under a jacket and a buttoned shirt in case jacket comes off. I'm not a fan of this, cus if you need to get to your weapon you don't want to be fumbling with buttons.
If not shoulder carrying I appendix carry, tshirts and shorts ( with a belt) and your good to go.
I think if you're carrying with a shoulder rig under your button up shirt you'll just tear the buttons off getting the gun. But if you need to draw, who cares about the buttons?
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
I've gone through about 8 guns for concealed carry. I've ended up with a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield in 9mm. I love the grip. It's a very reliable gun. I also feel it's not too heavy, and not too small.

Then again, regardless of what anyone says you need to at least pick up the gun and hold it in your hand before making up your mind. I'd highly suggest shooting them first as well.
Shooting first is almost mandatory. My buddy and I tried a Glock subcompact 40cal (don't know the Glock numbers, sorry). Both of us hated it. Every shot felt like stinging your hands with a bat. Went back and rented an XD-40 subcompact. Same size, same weight, both polymer, but the XD felt a lot better. Still plenty of recoil, but no stinging.

And by the way, I'm not a Glock hater. Just that gun didn't work for us.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:03 AM   #23
XsV

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
I am and I own one.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:17 AM   #24
XsV

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

So now I have another question... Should I wait to buy a new piece when all this scare scandal stuff is over and carry one of the bigger boys I already have? Will it ever calm down?

Old 01-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #25

Liked 69 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 117

Quote:
Shooting first is almost mandatory. My buddy and I tried a Glock subcompact 40cal (don't know the Glock numbers, sorry). Both of us hated it. Every shot felt like stinging your hands with a bat. Went back and rented an XD-40 subcompact. Same size, same weight, both polymer, but the XD felt a lot better. Still plenty of recoil, but no stinging.

I know what you mean. When I was looking at the Shield I shot the .40 and the 9mm back to back. I couldn't stand shooting the .40 but the 9mm fit me like a glove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XsV View Post
So now I have another question... Should I wait to buy a new piece when all this scare scandal stuff is over and carry one of the bigger boys I already have? Will it ever calm down?
If you can get it for a decent price, why wait. Anything that doesn't carry more than 10 rounds shouldn't be hard to get, or over priced. I wouldn't pay a lot to get anything right now. I think it will die down because I don't think the AWB is going to go anywhere. We are making ourselves heard. I doubt the the magazine ban will pass as well.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #26
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Magazine ban already passed in NYC didn't it?

Old 01-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #27

Liked 88 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 12

just get a .22 on your hip i have a revolver i carry 6 inch barrel

Old 01-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #28

Liked 69 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 117

Quote:
Magazine ban already passed in NYC didn't it?
Yep.

However, all that crap in NYC is a bunch of crap. I assure you it's going to be overturned. Even they know that. I think the goal was to scare people into selling their grandfathered guns and equipment before it does get overturned. Then once it does, they can't get it back.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #29
XsV

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
Yep.

However, all that crap in NYC is a bunch of crap. I assure you it's going to be overturned. Even they know that. I think the goal was to scare people into selling their grandfathered guns and equipment before it does get overturned. Then once it does, they can't get it back.
That doesn't seem fair at all.