Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Decided it was time to get a .22 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/decided-time-get-22-a-49532/)

shadamai 10-09-2011 03:53 AM

Decided it was time to get a .22

1 Attachment(s)
Decided it was time to get a .22...

Can't wait to try it out at the range this week!

Quentin 10-09-2011 05:05 AM

Is that one of the Walther/Umarex versions? Hope it works out well, let us know how it does. I have one of their Colt M4s that's been a lot of fun.

shadamai 10-09-2011 03:57 PM

Yes, it is. I will find out Monday or Tuesday, whichever day I can get to the range!

fatmidgets 10-12-2011 02:05 AM

Wow. NICE piece! I always love the look of a .22 1911. It's like being a kid again, but still kicking a*? :) wat did you pay for it?

shadamai 10-12-2011 03:17 AM

Thanks! Got to try it out today...it was fun to shoot. This was my first time shooting a .22 (I usually shoot a .45), but I will be taking this to the range often for practice. It was around $400.

fatmidgets 10-12-2011 11:54 AM

Oh I love .22s. They're Tons of fun at a fairly inexpensive price. I've shot a Ruger 22/45 with a red dot sight, and that thing was sweet! Tell me how she runs.

Quentin 10-12-2011 07:12 PM

Glad to hear it worked out well. Do the controls all work pretty much the same as a 1911? If so, this might be a good alternative to a conversion kit.

That was my reasoning for getting the Walther/Umarex/Colt M4 .22, though some controls do work differently. For me it came down to having a separate rifle not a dedicated conversion kit and for about the same money. I also liked that it said Colt and M4. Same goes for yours, "Colt" and "Government Model".

HOSSFLY 10-12-2011 11:44 PM

Let us know how it does-
Been thinking about one-
BTW- I really feel for you guys that cant walk out your back door & shoot :rolleyes:

shadamai 10-13-2011 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 599921)
Glad to hear it worked out well. Do the controls all work pretty much the same as a 1911? If so, this might be a good alternative to a conversion kit.

That was my reasoning for getting the Walther/Umarex/Colt M4 .22, though some controls do work differently. For me it came down to having a separate rifle not a dedicated conversion kit and for about the same money. I also liked that it said Colt and M4. Same goes for yours, "Colt" and "Government Model".

A lot of things are like my 1911- it has the grip safety and thumb safety, which I like. The slide locks back once the magazine is empty and I don't have to do anything differently than my 1911 when shooting it. Obviously it is not centerfire, so the inside is a little different, and when I took it apart I realized that the barrel is fixed to the frame.

I came across this review online and it did a good job explaining about this gun, showing what it looks like inside, etc. The author knows a lot more than I do: :o

Colt Government 1911 .22LR - by Umarex USA - M1911.ORG E-zine

I enjoyed shooting it at the range and didn't have any issues with it at all. Since it is the first .22 I have tried, I can't compare it to any others.

shadamai 10-13-2011 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 600102)
Let us know how it does-
Been thinking about one-
BTW- I really feel for you guys that cant walk out your back door & shoot :rolleyes:

I'm jealous...I wish I could just walk out back.