Dad and I bought a couple FNP-40's today
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Dad and I bought a couple FNP-40's today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 02:48 AM   #1
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1245 Times on 707 Posts
Likes Given: 591

Default Dad and I bought a couple FNP-40's today

My dad's been wanting to get a new semi-auto handgun for a while,and since there was a gun show close to him,I called him and said Let's Go!
I went and picked up my cousin Troy,and we went by and got dad,then went to the show.
It wasn't a very big show,but right off the bat,one of the dealers had some guns that we liked.We looked at the Springfield XD's,Sig's,and FN's.
Dad really liked the FNP-40 with the stainless slide,and decided to get it.It came with 3-10rd mags,and 1-14rd mag for $379,great price.

I had brought my Ruger Blackhawk Bisley-45LC along,and was trying to sell/trade it-since I rarely shoot it,and had a couple dealers interested in it.One of them finally gave in and paid me what I wanted,so I went back over to the dealer that dad bought his from,and bought a FNP-40 all black for the same price,and it also came with the same mags.

I think dad was a little mad! His purchase was DELAYED,so he can't get his gun for 3 days,but he hasn't bought any gun's in 20yrs.

Troy found a soft case for one of his pistols,so we all had a good day at the gun show.

Now I'll have to load up a bunch of 40S&W ammo,and take dad out to the range for some father and son fun time!

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-23-2012, 03:17 AM   #2

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Congrats. Great price indeed, you won't be disappointed.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:46 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Congrats bro that was on my wish list also, i was looking for a nice 40 cal for my edc piece awhile back, it was between the fnp 40 usg and the glock 23. I felt 1 of the fnp up at my local dealer/range. Man it was a nice fit and feel im not gone lie but i went with the glock23 instead. Im already use to glocks i have the 17 also. I still want a sa/da pistol just to have, so now its out of the Fnp 40 or the Sig sp 2022 , but thats another topic.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

What? No pics??!

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-24-2012, 12:28 AM   #5
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1245 Times on 707 Posts
Likes Given: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
What? No pics??!
I've been busy Spitty,and figured most know what they look like.Ain't nothin special about it,but I did fire 25rds out of it a couple hrs ago here at the house.I need some practice with it,the recoil of the 40S&W is just a little snappier than my 45's,and I'm hittting a little low/left with it.
Nothing a little range time won't fix! It shoots very good though.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Old 01-24-2012, 12:46 AM   #6

I have an fnh 5.7X28 and a fn 45 tactical and really love them. I'm thinking about getting a fnx 40 for my pickup. You'll like FN's, I don't care what anyone says, they're damn good shooting guns and the ammo is resonable.