CZ52 Please Help
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > CZ52 Please Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 03:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default CZ52 Please Help

Hi I just purchased a CZ52 9mm luger and need some general info about it. I have noticed a few things and have a few questions. In need of understanding.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-28-2010, 03:27 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Here's a couple of places to start:

Surplusrifleforum • View forum - Czech VZOR 52, 52/57 & 58

Welcome to CZForum.com

Welcome here. Please head over to the New Member Introduction forum and introduce your self to the gang.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #3

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

CZ52 is one of my favorites.
In 7.62x25 Tokarev,rather than 9x19 tho.

First,dont dryfire it.

Ever.

The original pins are not properly heat treated and they will break if you do.
One thing most people do is change out that pin for a newly made,properly heat treated one.

Also,the de-cockers.Don't use them.They have been reported to cause the weapon to fire when activated,almost like having a second trigger.

The best method,if you intend on using your CZ52 for anything but a range gun,in other words if you intend on keeping it ready to be used in your home,is to keep the chamber EMPTY and the magazine full.
Some people say its ok to have it cocked and locked.
Personally I'd rather err on the side of caution.

Heres a little bit of info on the 52-

Modern Firearms - CZ-52 / vz.52 pistol

For replacement parts,including the pin-

Harrington Products CZ-52 Competition and Replacement Parts

Some people also like to use Houge Handall grip sleeves to help make the ergonomics a little better.

Or,you can get some really nice wooden grips from here-

Marschalgrips.com

I believe the 9x19 version also uses the same magazines as the Tokarev chambered ones do,so heres a link for some magazines-

http://www.keepshooting.com/firearmaccessories/magazines/cz_52_magazine_triplek.htm

Alot of people also customize their CZ52s with new springs from Wolff.Their website is here-
Springs for CZ 52 Semi-Auto Pistols

I use Xtra power springs in all of my magazines and a 16.5lb recoil spring.

As far as further customization goes,you can always get a can of alumahyde or something in whatever color you want and go to town,there are or were some places you could send your slide to that would dovetail and install better sights,or you can use a hobby file and some paint to both open up and color your sights so you can get a better picture than the original setup allows for.

Personally,and this is just me-I would get a 7.62x25 barrel and change that caliber back to Tokarev....but thats just me.....

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 07-02-2010 at 12:12 AM.