Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   CZ Rami 9mm (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/cz-rami-9mm-60456/)

SlightlyAddicted0311 03-17-2012 09:05 PM

CZ Rami 9mm

1 Attachment(s)
Just got back from the second trip to the range with my CZ Rami 9 subcomp... the first trip was bad... out of 200 rounds had 18 failure to fires and failure to feeds. Thought it was the ammo, which was correct... because the Hornady 115grain hollows had ZERO failures out of 200 rounds today. The gun seems to break in very quickly as far as the slide's action and how it "smoothes out." Extremely accurate little pistol, can't stress that enough. Long story short, it shoots where you point it, every time. Besides being picky about ammo it's a great gun. Very pleased about how it feels in my hand especially with the grip extension/14rd mag. The slide and frame are both steel which helps greatly with the snap and improves the overall feel of the gun. I'd trust it as an EDC after this range trip for sure. If anyone has experience with CZ this is no news to you guys. Great guns for the price. If you don't know what i'm talking about buy one and try it out.

vincent 03-17-2012 09:47 PM

That's a sweet piece! What's the trigger pull like?

SlightlyAddicted0311 03-17-2012 10:39 PM

Breaks crisp... Longer than a glock 26 but same lbs. ..... I love it man. You can fire fast and accurate for sure. Only thing is field stripping requires work ( the slide lock pin needs something other than your thumb to get it out). No big deal though

vincent 03-17-2012 11:40 PM

Gotcha, have had a CZ on my wish list for a while now, thanks for posting! :cool:

rbmorris 03-18-2012 04:06 AM

Quote:

Only thing is field stripping requires work ( the slide lock pin needs something other than your thumb to get it out). No big deal though
Use the bottom of the magazine to tap the release lever out. It gets easier after a few thousand rounds and cleanings. I'm surprised it had feeding problems as mine and everyone I've known with a CZ has yet to have a failure of any kind. Maybe you're limp-wristing just a little because of the grip size? My wife's Kahr on the other hand needed 300 rounds to be reliable.

SlightlyAddicted0311 03-18-2012 03:07 PM

nah man it was definitely the ammo for this little gun.... wasn't limp wristing at all. My fiancee was at the range this last trip where we shot the hornady 115gr and if anyone limp wristed it would be her, but out of 200 there were no failures.

sweeper22 03-18-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlightlyAddicted0311 (Post 744038)
nah man it was definitely the ammo for this little gun..

The alloy RAMIs are great little guns.

For FMJs, try 124gr ball with a little more behind it. Maybe even a NATO type round. They're great break in rounds for most picky 9mms. RWS also makes a great 124gr FMJ round that can be found at Big-5 Sporting Goods, but they're a little expensive (I think around $16/50).

sharpshot 03-19-2012 01:54 AM

The 2075 Rami is a great little pistol. I have the polymer framed one and it shoots where you aim it and never has had a hiccup. I carry it with 124 grain +P Speer Gold Dots. I also took a magazine extension for an XDM and modified it to fit the 10 round magazine. This gives a little bit more holding area. The trigger is very smooth, very manageable recoil, easy conceal-ability, very accurate, and great reliability all ad up to a fine EDC.

Keep 'em racked, re-stacked, and ready to act.

Considering the consequences is never wasted time.

TNBlackSheep 03-19-2012 07:56 PM

If you don't mind me asking, what rounds were you using the first range trip?

SlightlyAddicted0311 03-19-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNBlackSheep (Post 745271)
If you don't mind me asking, what rounds were you using the first range trip?

Federal American Eagle