CZ Rami..

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > CZ Rami..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default CZ Rami..

Anybody out there have one of these? Your thoughts & comments, good or bad, are welcomed. Looking at a sub-compact or pocket pistol for hot weather carry. Thanks.

"Everything that man designs carries with in it the seeds of its own destruction."

-------------

"One thing history shows us is that Man does not learn anything from Our past. And maybe that is the biggest lesson we should learn from history."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #2

Liked 25 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I had the poly version. A bit heavy and bulky in my opinion. Sold it because of the DA/SA. I wanted a DA only because all my others are DA.
All in all a good gun, I don't think you can go wrong if that is your preference.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I had a steel version in 9mm and I liked it a lot. Recoil was minimal and it was a nice size, if a touch wide.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #4
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Good luck finding one (did you? ) I've had my name on a couple lists for a while. Heard and seen nothing but great things about the alloy version. Stay away from poly as I've read. Drawbacks to the rami - trying to find mags and a heavier than other sub-compacts, but it is alloy.

Looking forward to the Sig P227 SAS Carry when it comes out in a couple months too.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 02-05-2013, 03:19 AM   #5

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

If it had an ambi safety I would own one. Every single CZ I have owned has been amazing. I do wish that they would make a single stack subcompact something around the size of a SIG P938

Old 02-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbomar4
If it had an ambi safety I would own one. Every single CZ I have owned has been amazing. I do wish that they would make a single stack subcompact something around the size of a SIG P938
Have you tried the BD (decocker) instead of the safety? I'm a lefty and its second nature now for me on my Sig and on the CZ when I've rented them.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 02-06-2013, 02:29 AM   #7

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

I thought about getting the decocker but I carry my other pistols cock and locked. I would like them all to be the same in that aspect. Thats one of the reasons I got rid of my Ruger LC9.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:02 AM   #8

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

I loved my P-01. The Rami is my idea of the near perfect carry gun. What's a Rami anyway?...sounds nine-eleven-ish.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Last edited by Sonic82; 02-06-2013 at 03:05 AM.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #9

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
I loved my P-01. The Rami is my idea of the near perfect carry gun. What's a Rami anyway?...sounds nine-eleven-ish.
Its the subcompact of CZs. The Rami is a collaboration of the designers' first 2 initials of their first name (Ra-mi) it looks like a great pocket pistol.

"Everything that man designs carries with in it the seeds of its own destruction."

-------------

"One thing history shows us is that Man does not learn anything from Our past. And maybe that is the biggest lesson we should learn from history."

Old 02-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #10

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnHiker View Post
Its the subcompact of CZs. The Rami is a collaboration of the designers' first 2 initials of their first name (Ra-mi) it looks like a great pocket pistol.
I know the gun...the name had me perplexed. Thanks, never knew about the designers names.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.