CZ Polycoat Finish?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > CZ Polycoat Finish?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2007, 05:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default CZ Polycoat Finish?

I like both CZ's I've shot (75 Compacts), but was wondering about the polycoat finish.

What is a polycoat finish?

How durable (scratch, wear, rust resistant) is it?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-15-2007, 04:20 PM   #2

Do all of these finishes and coats make the gun shoot better?

GLOCK 19 G19 NS 3RD GEN
:)

Old 07-03-2007, 03:05 PM   #3

The CZ polycoat doesn't make or allow the pistol to shoot better, but it wears like iron (pardon the pun), and can be touched up with some auto-shop spray paint. It's just another way of protecting the steel under the coating.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:56 AM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I am not sure what it is, but I can tell you that it wears pretty darn well. I have abused mine for years and it still looks darn good. To me it looks as good as the day I got it, but I am sure that it probably isn't quite that good..

-Bidah

Old 07-12-2007, 09:01 PM   #5

I would venture that the coating is a polymer/epoxy mix. I have a couple of Pre-B models that have the same coating, those look almost new with some very slight holster wear. I suspect the pistols were carried a lot and shot just a little.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:48 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I noticed that the dan wesson 445 alaskan has what looks like the same finish. This is just a guess from looking at he picture and knowing the two companies merged. I have a cz 75B with the polycoat and am happy with the looks and durabilty.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:27 AM   #7

Default Coatings:

Early CZ75's had a baked epoxy pain finish. The polycoats are a plastic based spray on...a little better than paint.

Something like Industrial TEFLON-S will enhance the firearm by ending rust and corrosion and being self lubricating. No Oil = nothing to trap and collect dust and airborne contamination like dust.

Take a look at www.bearcoat.com shy of hard-chrome, the toughest finish on the market.

Beat out caramic and poly coats in testing for the new FBI rifles from HS Precision. ALL the others failed the field testing for performance.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:48 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgunsmith View Post
Early CZ75's had a baked epoxy pain finish. The polycoats are a plastic based spray on...a little better than paint.

Something like Industrial TEFLON-S will enhance the firearm by ending rust and corrosion and being self lubricating. No Oil = nothing to trap and collect dust and airborne contamination like dust.

Take a look at www.bearcoat.com shy of hard-chrome, the toughest finish on the market.

Beat out caramic and poly coats in testing for the new FBI rifles from HS Precision. ALL the others failed the field testing for performance.
How is the lubricity of the Bear Coat?