CZ P07 duty 9mm
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > CZ P07 duty 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2014, 10:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default CZ P07 duty 9mm

Hi all
I bought a CZ Duty the other day and i am still waiting for my license.
I would take any advise on the following:
1. Holster and type for concealed carry
2. A nice way to carry the firearm while driving. I saw a guy put in a holster between his legs for easy and fast draw.
3. Type ammunition? What loads and bullets for reloading for self-defense and the range
4. Any after market sights? I am going to do 3 gun shoot.
5. Any safety tips you have learned.

Cant wait to get it and get to the shooting range.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-17-2014, 01:46 AM   #2

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

1. either inside the waistband (crossbreed super tuck) or outside the waistband (galco desantis ect)
2.check your local laws regarding this
3. Lots of good hollow points out there: gold dot, hornady etc and for target ammo, just get cheapest.
4. Learn your irons good first. if you do anything, put night sights on it.
5. Practice and practice safe. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire. Always assume the gun is loaded and NEVER point at anyone except in a life or death situation. it seems really basic but I'm always surprised at how many people break those simple rules. and "accidents" don't happen if you follow those rules, and if they do, no one gets hurt.

Sent from my iPod touch using Firearms Talk

Old 05-17-2014, 01:47 AM   #3

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

for 3 I meant cheapest for range ammo. use cheap fmj's at the range and a brand name hollow points for defense.

Sent from my iPod touch using Firearms Talk

Old 05-17-2014, 03:02 AM   #4
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 114 Times on 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natie View Post
Hi all
2. A nice way to carry the firearm while driving. I saw a guy put in a holster between his legs for easy and fast draw.
3. Type ammunition? What loads and bullets for reloading for self-defense and the range

1. I carry my CZ75c in a UBG IWB. Any quality IWB/OWB holster will work. I prefer leather or leather/kydex hybrids. Crossbreed, FoxX, White Hat, Austin Armory, Bravo Concealment, etc. they're all good.

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1400295704.236167.jpg
imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1400295732.428597.jpg

2. A good leather shoulder holster works.

3. For the range I use Federal, Blazer and WWB. For SD/HD, I prefer Federal HSTs or Speer Gold Dots, 147 gr.

4. Mepro, Heinie, Truglo, XS, etc. are good.

Old 05-17-2014, 04:40 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks all.

Easy ill go see what we can get here in south africa. I also thought iwb holster will do. The most comfortable will probably do.

Old 05-17-2014, 06:48 AM   #6
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...

Liked 3160 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natie View Post
Hi all

Depends on "How" you want to carry it concealed. Your choice is only limited by your budget, and what you can get easily in S.A.
Yes check your laws, but if ok to carry in your car, either at your seat for fast deployment, or just to the Drivers inside of the Console. Most 9MM practice ammo is 115Gr. Ball. The brands mentioned above are good, but again not sure what's imported to you. I like Williams fire Sights, or the TruGlo sights. The main Safety tip you need is, keep your trigger finger off the Trigger until you are ready to shoot, and never AIM a gun you have no intension of shooting..
Good luck and welcome to FTF. Stop by the Introductions thread and say Hello so we can properly Welcome you. We have at least one other Of your fellow countrymen here,..Pieter,... Search him out, and a few more from your country and you can have an FTF meet up!!!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 05-17-2014, 07:38 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hi Dr
Thank you. I will do so.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:51 AM   #8
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...

Liked 3160 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Outstanding! I should mention I have the TruGlo sights on my Browning HP, and I'm going to get the Firesights for My Ruger LC9. I also like TruGlo's optics, doesn't matter if it's a long range Scope, an electro Prismatic( going on my Mossberg 22 Semi-Auto) or their reflex optic sight( on my 22 pistol),..it's a decent quality and a reasonable price. There are other good brands as well.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 05-17-2014, 09:06 PM   #9

Liked 178 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 24

I highly recommend High Noon Holsters, http://www.highnoonholsters.com/ . Here is a CZ P-07 in the Slide Guard model,

For IWB, the Down Under, (here with CZ SP-01 Phantom), is outstanding,

Or the new and very adjustable and comfortable Double Jeopardy,(shown with CZ 2075 RAMI BD), is also available for the P-07. This holster can be IWB regular or tuckable, and has 6 adjustment holes in front and 7 in the back to move the clips up and down for perfect cant/carry height. Note the Tru Dot night sights - that is the brand CZ-USA carries in house.

Holstered. One way use to be a rig called a Driver's Holster, which was a horizontal cross draw that slipped onto your belt for seated carry.

The P-07, like many CZs, can have what's known as the "short chamber", which means bullets with a long wide ogive might foul on the rifling when loaded to what one might call a "normal" over all length. Examples would be the Berry's 124 gr plated hollow point and the Lee 125 grain cast bullet. Other than that, load it up and experiment. As for SD use, find a decent round, buy enough to make sure they shoot to point of aim, and go for it. My latest choices are Gold Dots and Golden Sabers.

Not that I really know of, except night sights are available from CZ-USA.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:27 AM   #10

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

That's a terrific pistol. You will be more than happy you bought it after 500 rds, the trigger really smooths out then. Shooting 3 gun you may wanna consider Kydex, easy to clean, doesn't absorb sweat, and takes a beating pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk