cz or glock? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > cz or glock?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 04:39 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

CZ 75 is a beautiful pistol and is a blast to shoot. I do not like to shoot in DA so I have the SA only model. To me the different beaver tail and trigger look better on the SA model. Love CZs and would like to have a 97 but they are getting very hard to find. Here is a pic of my 75.

image-834405589.jpg  

Old 01-24-2013, 05:21 AM   #32

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

Now that you are set on a cz, look at the czspo1tactical. 18+1, steel, factory night sights, decocker no external safety. I got mine for 600.00 back in the summer. Mec Gar makes some fine mags for spares that fit great.
I have a cz sp01 phantom its their polymer framed .9mm with the sa/da trigger with decocker and love it. Its deadly accurate and it came with two 19 round magazines.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 263 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windlestick View Post
CZ 75 is a beautiful pistol and is a blast to shoot. I do not like to shoot in DA so I have the SA only model. To me the different beaver tail and trigger look better on the SA model. Love CZs and would like to have a 97 but they are getting very hard to find. Here is a pic of my 75.
That's a sharp looking pistol you have!

But again, I'm going to try to make this point: I don't understand all this concern about DA/SA. If you're in the market for a standard 75b (with thumb safety, as opposed to a decocker)...paying more, waiting longer, or making special orders to get a SAO version seems a little strange to me. There's very little difference.

You literally have to bend over backwards to shoot it in DA. The only way you'll ever find that DA pull is to load a round into the chamber, and then go out of your way to manually decock it. Most of the SAO enthusiasts I know (myself included) are also 1911 fans. The 75b is designed to operate just the same. Chamber a round, then lock the thumb safety if it's intended to be stored/carried "at the ready".

• Empty gun...add mag, rack slide, hammer goes back....it's in SA.
  • Slide locks back after last round....add a mag, hammer is already back...still in SA.
  • So a DA/SA 75b is already a SAO if you choose to operate it as such.

I just state all of this for the benefit of those in the market for this gun, and preferring SAO. Doesn't seem like something worth waiting or paying extra $ for to me.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:23 AM   #34

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22

That's a sharp looking pistol you have!

But again, I'm going to try to make this point: I don't understand all this concern about DA/SA. If you're in the market for a standard 75b (with thumb safety, as opposed to a decocker)...paying more, waiting longer, or making special orders to get a SAO version seems a little strange to me. There's very little difference.

You literally have to bend over backwards to shoot it in DA. The only way you'll ever find that DA pull is to load a round into the chamber, and then go out of your way to manually decock it. Most of the SAO enthusiasts I know (myself included) are also 1911 fans. The 75b is designed to operate just the same. Chamber a round, then lock the thumb safety if it's intended to be stored/carried "at the ready".

[*]Empty gun...add mag, rack slide, hammer goes back....it's in SA.[*]Slide locks back after last round....add a mag, hammer is already back...still in SA.[*]So a DA/SA 75b is already a SAO if you choose to operate it as such.

I just state all of this for the benefit of those in the market for this gun, and preferring SAO. Doesn't seem like something worth waiting or paying extra $ for to me.
I had the opportunity to purchase either pistol the B or the B SA and chose the SA for the minor aesthetic differences most notably the beavertail which is more like the 1911 beavertail.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:32 AM   #35

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. I do not currently own any CZ's (except for my CZ-82 C&R). I will be adding some CZ's to my collection soon. I do own a Glock-32 and a Glock-21. The 32 was my first sidearm purchase and is near and dear to my heart. The 21 is a great gun but is extremely heavy for EDC. Let us know which way you go on this.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:58 AM   #36

My CZ 75 B Omega is an awesome range gun, and I keep it as my bedside gun. Great balance, trigger like butter, and its way prettier. Glocks are great guns, but if I had to choose, I would go with CZ. Never a regret buying that gun!

Old 01-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #37

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

After much more research I have decided I will most likely be acquiring both weapons but a 19 instead of a 17. The 19 will be a carry piece and my defensive weapon. The cz has become almost like my unicorn and I just have to have it, if my only reasoning is just its a cool pistol. Its probably beat because I'm on a tight budget with reasons like that, because if not I would have guns everywhere lol