cz or glock? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

cz or glock?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by juststartin5272 View Post
I am completely against the decocker, I only want the manual safety
The best safety in the industry is between your ears.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #22

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Glock, all day, every day. Mag prices are less(for as long as we'll be able to own em') parts are easier to find and there's way more aftermarket for the Glock. It's also very, very simple to totally disassemble for maintenance and parts swapping.
Also, the Glock has 3 safeties that require no thought to use, simply pull the trigger and it'll go "bang", which is what you want under a high stress situation.
This is the War Room!"

Old 12-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by juststartin5272 View Post
I am completely against the decocker, I only want the manual safety
My CZ has the safety, but it makes me a bit nervous to manually decock it.

I would rather have a combo safety/decocker like the Bersa i got for Christmas or the oooooooooooooold CZ52 i have.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #24

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

My CZ has the safety, but it makes me a bit nervous to manually decock it.

I would rather have a combo safety/decocker like the Bersa i got for Christmas or the oooooooooooooold CZ52 i have.
You really trust the safety/decocker on the 52? I tried it, would rather do it manually.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
You really trust the safety/decocker on the 52? I tried it, would rather do it manually.
Sure, long as it isn't pointed at me.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:48 AM   #26

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I have a cz 75 phantom. I love it. I would look at that if you're looking at a tactical gun, it has a rail and the one I have is de-cocker only. I also have a glock 22. They both have there ups and downs. For example my cz has kind of a rough double action pull at first and the glock is a little thick to carry concealed.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:49 AM   #27

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Last edited by oli700; 01-04-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:02 AM   #28

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I own both a CZ sp01 and a glock 32 - both for different reasons and both are very good guns.

I favor the CZ at the range, this thing is a tac driver - its comfortable as hell - it has hardly any recoil - and a large mag cap. I can shoot it all day long and not be tired.

The glock 32 on the other hand is for carry, it is cheaper to buy has lots of options if I want to add/replace or changeout anything. The gun has a nice thin profile that wont print with a iwb holster and isnt to gaudy.

The only downside I see to both of my guns is I had to buy a conversion barrel for the glock to keep in practice at the range because 357 sig rounds are expensive, and the CZ does have somewhat of a gritty trigger on sa but this isnt a competition pistol.
Like I said both good guns for different reasons, gl

Last edited by stig; 12-30-2012 at 05:34 AM.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #29

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by juststartin5272
I know its kind of apples and oranges, but both pistols meet the criteria I want in a pistol. Its between the Glock 17 or the Cz 75 Omega. They both have a barrel at least 4.5" inches(well the Glock is 4.49" but I'm not that picky) they both are 9mm and the both have a long standing reputation for being extremely reliable and durable pistols. I wasn't really worried about striker or hammer, I like both. Some things I like about each one and some I don't:
Cz- standard with night sights, come with three mags and lights single action trigger. But I don't like that I will be dealing with two different trigger pulls, so I would probably change it to sao which ups my initial investment
Glock- by the way I want the Gen 3, I like the availability of parts and inexpensive magazines. Consistent trigger pull. If I turn it into a carry piece it is not as heavy being polymer. It doesn't have night sights standard on the model I have priced.
Just some insight as to my likes and dislikes, but I'd like any opinions and experiences I can get as to make a better decision and be more at ease when I make my purchase.

CZ USA for sure

Old 12-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #30

Liked 148 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stig
I own both a CZ sp01 and a glock 32 - both for different reasons and both are very good guns.

I favor the CZ at the, this thing is a tac driver - its comfortable as hell - it has hardly any recoil - and a large mag cap. I can shoot it all day long and not be tired.

The glock 32 on the other hand is for carry, it is cheaper to buy has lots of options if I want to add/replace or changeout anything. The gun has a nice thin profile that wont print with a iwb holster and isnt to gaudy.

The only downside I see to both of my guns is I had to buy a conversion barrel for the glock to keep in practice at the range because 357 sig rounds are expensive, and the CZ does have somewhat of a gritty trigger on sa but this isnt a competition pistol.
Like I said both good guns for different reasons, gl
I would go CZ also for paper and steal plinking. For SD I would go Glock if these are my only choices. IMHO change these to Sringfield Armory XDM and Baby Desert Eagle. What ever you think you want rent them at a local gun range and test fire.

Last edited by johnbrowning; 12-30-2012 at 10:43 PM.