Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   CZ Compact .40 vs. CZ P-06 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/cz-compact-40-vs-cz-p-06-a-6870/)

wookie810 09-09-2008 06:14 AM

CZ Compact .40 vs. CZ P-06

Alright this question has probably been asked many times before, but I like to be as informed as possible about any product before purchasing. Especially when I am going to be dropping a couple hundred bucks. I realize they are basically the same gun with a few distinct differences. Obviously the 06 weights less. This will be my first CZ so I have a few general questions too. Does the de-cocker mean that it doesn't have a safety? The compact .40 has ambi-safety does this mean you can't get say Crimson Trace grips? I noticed on a few pictures of 06's they had them. And the biggest question the rate of twist (something I don't fully understand as it relates to performance.) The 06's rate is 1:9.7 whereas the compact .40 is 1:16. I guess I would figure one is more accurate??? And one thing in general that I have heard is that CZ's have a bad trigger pull? How hard is it to remedy this, and how hard is it to find a gunsmith to do so? Any imput would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mark F 09-09-2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wookie810 (Post 39825)
Alright this question has probably been asked many times before, but I like to be as informed as possible about any product before purchasing. Especially when I am going to be dropping a couple hundred bucks. I realize they are basically the same gun with a few distinct differences. Obviously the 06 weights less. This will be my first CZ so I have a few general questions too. Does the de-cocker mean that it doesn't have a safety? The compact .40 has ambi-safety does this mean you can't get say Crimson Trace grips? I noticed on a few pictures of 06's they had them. And the biggest question the rate of twist (something I don't fully understand as it relates to performance.) The 06's rate is 1:9.7 whereas the compact .40 is 1:16. I guess I would figure one is more accurate??? And one thing in general that I have heard is that CZ's have a bad trigger pull? How hard is it to remedy this, and how hard is it to find a gunsmith to do so? Any imput would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I don't know if I can help or not. I have a CZ75B 40 S&W. My trigger pull is excellent. The ambi-safety doesn't affect getting CT laser grips. My 75 doesn't have the decocker option. I can tell you that CZ makes an excellent gun, and they've been copied for years! They also invented the double stack magazine... I have shot probably several thousand rounds through my CZ, and I have never had a single problem.

I also have a CZ83. It's just as smooth & reliable as my CZ75B.

Hollow Grind 11-05-2009 05:07 AM

CZ nickel finish is sweet!