Cz-83?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Cz-83?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 02:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Default Cz-83?

So I went to Gander Mnt the otherday to go get some ammo and made the mistake of going over to the gun counter. I was kinda looking for a CZ-75 or 85 but saw the little CZ-83. (way overpriced) I have been thinkin about getting a .380 like a LCP but this felt a whole lot better in my hand. It is of course larger. I know the 75-85 family are great guns but I had never even herd of the 83 till a few weeks ago. Are they any good? I might be lookin for a new gun around tax return time and am planing ahead.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-09-2011, 02:53 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5990 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 427

never seen anything negative about them other than it being a 380. lots of folks dont like the round. but im not one

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-09-2011, 03:34 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The CZ 83/82 are great little guns. Find a 82 in good shape, they are the military version, shoots 9x18mm. The 82 is the same gun without the southpaw safety but better priced. Just a note, the 82 has a polygonal rifled chrome lined barrel. I have a CZ-75B and CZ-82, I can CC the 75 but carry the 82 most of the time now days. CZ makes the best of guns, IMO.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:42 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I bought an excellent internal-condition milsurp CZ82 that had quite bad cosmetics on the banner areas of the slide (for $180). I carefully took the black coating off the main flat sides with various grades of abrasive paper, bought a new set of grips from the CZ store on their main site (@$65 w/shipping) and carefully dremeled them to fit (...well, only one side required it)... and this pic shows the outcome. It's a really great shooter (mine is 9mm Makarov 9x18)... Worth much more to me than the $245 I put into it. Though on the heavy side, it fits my hand perfectly and is 100% reliable... One of my very favorite guns.

"If the Earth were made of gold, I guess men would kill for a handful of dirt." - Gary Cooper's last line in the movie THE GARDEN OF EVIL

Last edited by Alchemist; 12-09-2011 at 04:44 AM.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:49 AM   #5

I have a stainless CZ 75 and a CZ RAMI 2075 in 9mm. Just bought a surplus CZ 82 9x18 from Wideners. It's a very nice shooter. Great accuracy. Now I'm drooling over a surplus CZ 52.....