Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > CZ 75b Kadet conversion kit...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default CZ 75b Kadet conversion kit...

I'm interested in getting the CZ 75b + conversion kit, and I was wondering how hard/long it was to install/uninstall. Ideally I'd like to be able to convert before going to the range, but if it's an involved process that won't make much sense.

I couldn't find any videos or instructions online, so I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this conversion kit (or other conversion kits), and could point me in the right direction.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Putting on the conversion it is like field stripping and putting back together the pistol.

Take off the 9mm barrel and slide and just replace it with the .22 lr conversion kit.
We do it at the range. Takes about one minute to do.
On eof my shooting mates has a CZ75 "B" with the Kadet conversion kit and he changes it at the range in just about one minute (when he takes his time).

Here is a quick video how it os done. Since I don`t have a .22 conversion kit, I did it with my second 9mm kit. The procedure is the same. It took me 28 seconds.....;-)

Last edited by kdog; 11-24-2010 at 05:10 PM.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:53 PM   #3

Liked 24 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

+1 Takes no time to change it out. Just like field stripping the 75.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:27 PM   #4

Cool. I want to keep it 9mm at home and sometimes at the range, and since I always clean after I shoot anyway, I'll be field stripped. Thanks for the time and video!

Old 11-25-2010, 12:19 AM   #5

just registered a few days ago, recently got involved with shooting range and will be purchasing a 9mm soon. just wanted to comment and say thanks for the video.

CZ75 B is on my list. shot it yesterday for the first time and i liked it a lot. i was much more accurate than the sig p226 which i also rented.

thanks!

Old 11-25-2010, 06:15 AM   #6

Youre welcome.
Took me approx. 30 seconds....;-)

regarding accuracy.

Naturally everybody shoots different. In my hands, my P226 is more accurate than my CZ75.
But thta dosn`t have to be the same on somebody else.
Also if it was a rented P226, who knows how many people have fired it and how the sights are adjusted.

Old 11-25-2010, 04:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Youre welcome.
Took me approx. 30 seconds....;-)

regarding accuracy.

Naturally everybody shoots different. In my hands, my P226 is more accurate than my CZ75.
But thta dosn`t have to be the same on somebody else.
Also if it was a rented P226, who knows how many people have fired it and how the sights are adjusted.
Very true.

I think the problem was the fact that the grips on the sig, at the range, were too rough on my hands. i got smaller hands but the grips were a rough plastic surface. i was just uncomfortable holding it the entire time. Another 30 rounds and i'd probably calloused on both my index fingers. So it's probably the best of 'both worlds'. Depending on the person, usage of guns and probably altered sites.

Old 11-25-2010, 05:21 PM   #8

Liked 182 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 20

These things are a breeze to install. As with any CZ takedown, just be sure to use a sensible tool on the slide stop (I use the butt end of a sharpie marker). More than a few 75b's have been scarred for life when a metal object got away from the owner.

I've heard nothing but positives about the function of cadet kits. The only reason I don't have one yet is the cost...they can set you back darn near as much as a new 75b.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall View Post
Very true.

I think the problem was the fact that the grips on the sig, at the range, were too rough on my hands. i got smaller hands but the grips were a rough plastic surface. i was just uncomfortable holding it the entire time. Another 30 rounds and i'd probably calloused on both my index fingers. So it's probably the best of 'both worlds'. Depending on the person, usage of guns and probably altered sites.
That is one point aswell.
I installed the E² grip conversion kit on my P226 and worked on the face of the trigger. That way I made a custom short trigger combined with the E² grip. That gives me much better grip.

Since the CZ75, although it has double stack mags, has a fairly slim grip, what makes it nice and easy to handle with smaller hands. I put the Trausch grips on my CZ75, to make the grip a bit slimmer aswell.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:55 AM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall View Post
Very true.

At the same time, let's not underestimate the inherent accuracy of a well made, well tuned, CZ 75.

It's beyond the point of which is more accurate because they're both highly accurate pistols with stellar reputations amongst their respective fans.