CZ-75 value
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > CZ-75 value

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 08:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default CZ-75 value

A local gun shop has a CZ-75, not 75b, in decent condition. The barrel seems to be in pretty good shape, the gun is still tight, finish is scratched and has some small chips which isn't a big deal to me. What would be a fair price for something like this? They have it marked at $449, but would take $350. If $350 is a good price, I'll probably go pick it up thursday when I get my next check.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-17-2010, 09:46 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That sounds like an excellent price for a CZ 75 pre B model. If it's in really great shape and the barrel is good, I would pick it up for that price.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #3

Agreed, that's a decent price on a pre-B. If you can swing it go for it.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 08-17-2010, 10:40 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 247 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 31

If everything but the finish is tight, then $350 is a great price. Heck, at that price I might even think about making a project out of it and getting it refinished in OD green or something.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:17 AM   #5

I didn't have a whole lot of time to look at it, but now that I know it's a good price, I'll definitely go back and take a good solid look at it once I get my check on Thursday. From the quick look i took, the finish seemed to be the only thing was wasn't in excellent shape, and it wasn't even that bad.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 08-18-2010, 03:20 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Let us know how it goes Fred.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-18-2010, 05:24 AM   #7

Will do. Thanks for all the help.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 08-19-2010, 05:09 PM   #8

One thing you want to be aware of with a pre-b 75. Magazines are hard to come by. They either have to be pre 1990 CZ factory, or early Tanfoglio or Baby Eagle. You can modify some later magazines to work as long as they are not mecgar. With that proviso they are a fantastic pistol and $350 is a very good price. The have a much better trigger than the 75B. I would leap on it.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:58 AM   #9

Sorry, I haven't posted any updates, I've been really busy since classes started back up. The 75 was gone when I went back, which I was kind of bummed about, but then I went to the local Bass Pro Shop a few days later, and low and behold they had an SP-01 in stock which is what I really wanted to begin with anyway. So I payed for it and picked it up Thursday, cleaned it and took it to the range this afternoon. I brought my targets home and will definitely take some pictures and post a range report when I get the time. I'm really glad I got it though. Feels great in my hand and I shoot it better than anything else I've ever shot. Will give more info in the report.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 08-29-2010, 06:25 AM   #10

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I payed 80 Euro for my pre B here in germany...