Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > CZ 75 SP-01 Custom with Long Slide (last post I swear)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default CZ 75 SP-01 Custom with Long Slide (last post I swear)

I just thought it'd be a good idea to run this by you guys, and I swear I'll never bring it up again. The basic idea is taking a base SP01 model, which is an improved CZ75 with more features, and fitting the long slide they offer on the new CZ 75 Shadow CTS LS model. After I'm not so broke, I'll start adding performance parts. A small note, I have to remove the firing pin block and replace it with a spacer, which is pretty cheap. In order to save money, instead of having CZ Custom fit the new slide, I'm going to have my local gunsmith do it. Here's my full list.
-CZ-75 SP-01
-CZ-75 Shadow CTS LS Top End
-Fully adjustable Fiber optic sights
-Performance Hammer assembly
-G10 Grips
-Recurve trigger
-Stainless Steel guide rod
-Various Springs suggested by CZ Custom
-Streamlight TLR-2 Tac Light w/laser Black Strobe for rail
-Extended safety and mag release
Any suggestions, comments, tips, anything of value, etc.?
Thanks in advance.

When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come. With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

Guns of Brixton- The Clash

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Why all that work? Just get the CZ75 Sport II, that has a 6" system on it?

The Sport 2 is one extreme accurate sucker, I can tell you.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hold on, they make a 6"? And to answer your question, the Sp01 comes with a rail, and just generally feels better (ambi controls too). In the end, this will meet all of my needs, and I enjoy this kind of work too.

When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come. With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

Old 04-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I forgot to upload these. Just a general idea what I'm talking about.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #5

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 2

You can get the Sport 2 conversion kit seperatly. But it`s not cheap. Runs for about 1000,- Euro here in germany.
It should fit the SP01.

You can also get a 6" barell, that would fit the original slide, and get a slide extension, similar to a compensator.

like on this CZ75 B

or the CZ75 Shadow Viper, that has a 6" system on it

http://www.frankonia.de/328767/227648/productdetail.html?pagingSize=16&lastSelected=f_s_ art&sortOption=f_n_sortmatrix_0_70_30_50&page=2&di splayType=gallery&f_s_art=GK-Sportpistolen&articleNumber=152253&navCategoryId=6 756

Old 04-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Man at CZ told me he'd sell the 5.4" for $550. That, and no offense, but I can read his site. Yeah, for that kind of money, I could buy all the parts listed, with the exception of the base.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:34 AM   #7
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2273 Times on 1359 Posts
Likes Given: 1061

If you are importing gun parts from outside the US and the cost is more than $100, get the form from the BATF and complete it first.

That is the reason Springfield Armory quit importing parts for the Omega.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 04-16-2012, 12:47 AM   #8

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

do you already have or have shot the SP-01 ? or better yet the Shadow ?

Old 04-16-2012, 02:01 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Shot the SP01 with a friend and a performance model 75 (couldn't tell you what it was). Both felt like a day dream. They're out of the base models in most places so I'm just sitting around waiting. The 5.4" slides don't come in til next month anyways.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:34 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 183 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Why a rail on a "long slide"? Just curious. Rail doodads aren't really for me, but I can see the usefulness of a laser or light on a service style pistol. But on a competition type pistol?

The basic CZ 75b is an outstanding gun. The SP-01/Phantom models are pretty cool too. And they make some nice high end competition models as well. Seems like you may be overthinking this project...kinda like the folks that dump $20K in upgrades into a $10K econo-hatchback. I never understood that, but it's certainly your money and your gun my friend. Knock yourself out.

Just be aware that this investment will be difficult to recover if you ever sell, and very few shooters can "out-shoot" a no frills 75b.