CZ-75 B.... Accuracy. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > CZ-75 B.... Accuracy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
I had a CZ 75, still have my CZ 50 and I agree w authors 2 primary faults. I also thought it had more muzzle flip than it should for a 9mm.

All these faults could be corrected. Colts & Hi Powers came w hump & bump sights in the early days as well. The full frame in photo w probably have eliminated my problem w muzzle flip as well.
Odd, the stock sights I thought are pretty decent white dots. Maybe they have changed in the last 5 years from what you guys have had experience with.

And as far as recoil. I had a HiPo that I sold to get my CZ 75 SA, I thought muzzle flip was less then the HiPo by a good amount.

As far as staggey trigger, I agree. Once you do a hammer swap, the reverse camming which creates that removes a lot of that feel.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

All modern day pistols are more accurate then humans. My father has the CZ 75b and it's one comfortably pistol.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #13

Liked 5011 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Very accurate. I picked up a bright stainless CZ75B about 3 years ago and it's my favorite shooter. My son also fell in love with it so I gifted it to him when he graduated from High School.

Fortunately he does not turn 21 for another year so I still get to shoot it while it's storred in my safe!

I'll have to buy myself another one before the kids next birthday.

Tack

Old 06-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #14

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstorm_Custom_Slings View Post
The mainspring/FPB/FP spring replacement is by far the best upgrade I think. Doing the hammer is just being picky : ) Sadly, the decocker models will never get as light as some of the DA/SA guns.

I went with the 15# hammer spring, havenít messed with the others yet

Old 06-06-2012, 01:00 AM   #15

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Odd, the stock sights I thought are pretty decent white dots. Maybe they have changed in the last 5 years from what you guys have had experience with.

And as far as recoil. I had a HiPo that I sold to get my CZ 75 SA, I thought muzzle flip was less then the HiPo by a good amount.

As far as staggey trigger, I agree. Once you do a hammer swap, the reverse camming which creates that removes a lot of that feel.
As I qualified the small sight/white dot/sight picture of the stock 75B is a personal preference thing. Some people shoot really well with it but I just personally prefer modern sight pictures like Novaks. But it's nothing that can't be changed on a CZ since there are lots of aftermarket companies that make CZ compatible sights.

Another big plus is that it's a natural pointer for instinctive shooting.

But to answer the OP's question, yes, it is a very accurate pistol.

As others have suggested, if you do not want to spend money on trigger jobs and upgrades then consider spending a bit more, or looking for a used SP01 which will give you a really smooth gun out-of-the-box.

The only thing is that the SP01 does not have the beautiful classic lines of the 75B, nor does it have a firing pin block which may make the overall trigger system a wee bit smoother but I don't know if that's a safety concern; typically not for most people who handle firearms responsibly.

What would be nice is if Ceska Zbrojovka re-released the Pre-B models: blued (not polycoated), without the firing pin block, polished trigger internals, and round trigger guard.

Last edited by misterballistic; 06-06-2012 at 01:07 AM.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:32 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterballistic

As I qualified the small sight/white dot/sight picture of the stock 75B is a personal preference thing. Some people shoot really well with it but I just personally prefer modern sight pictures like Novaks. But it's nothing that can't be changed on a CZ since there are lots of aftermarket companies that make CZ compatible sights.

Another big plus is that it's a natural pointer for instinctive shooting.

But to answer the OP's question, yes, it is a very accurate pistol.

As others have suggested, if you do not want to spend money on trigger jobs and upgrades then consider spending a bit more, or looking for a used SP01 which will give you a really smooth gun out-of-the-box.

The only thing is that the SP01 does not have the beautiful classic lines of the 75B, nor does it have a firing pin block which may make the overall trigger system a wee bit smoother but I don't know if that's a safety concern; typically not for most people who handle firearms responsibly.

What would be nice is if Ceska Zbrojovka re-released the Pre-B models: blued (not polycoated), without the firing pin block, polished trigger internals, and round trigger guard.
Just a little correction, the spo1,sp01tac, and sp01 phantom all have firing pin blocks. Now the sp01 shadow does NOT have the block. The shadow is a dedicated competition pistol.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #17

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Just a little correction, the spo1,sp01tac, and sp01 phantom all have firing pin blocks. Now the sp01 shadow does NOT have the block. The shadow is a dedicated competition pistol.
Thanks for the correction. I should have specified the SP01 Shadow specifically by name. Awesome sport shooting pistol and range gun.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterballistic

Old pic I posted in this forum of my old beloved CZ and the Tupperware that eventually replaced it.

Yeah, I do miss miss the CZ...I should have just changed those damn sights and dry fired it more! :-(
Is dry firing by any chance harmful for mechanism of CZ-75 B?

Old 06-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry

Is dry firing by any chance harmful for mechanism of CZ-75 B?
Very low chance, just like any modern auto.