CZ-75 B.... Accuracy.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > CZ-75 B.... Accuracy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default CZ-75 B.... Accuracy.

Does anybody know if accuracy of CZ-75 B is good or not?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-05-2012, 06:27 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It's good. I had a CZ 75B but eventually sold it and still kinda regret it. Todd G at pistoltraining<dot>com wrote a controversial article citing that CZ's have feed problems but I never had any issues. Of course, I kept it impeccably clean.

The Cz feels as good as a 1911 in the hand and is really well balanced. It also looks really good. It's a classic.

There are only two things I did not like about the CZ 75B and those can be fixed. They are:

1. the rather puny iron combat sights. I like Novak and Bomar type sights better but that's just personal preference. Of course you can get better aftermarket sights for them.

2. I did not like the rather stagey feel of the trigger. Also, in single action, the hammer does not break right away. It creeps slightly backwards before breaking. Not a deal breaker but I just think it could be made smoother. I think it's partly the fault of the firing pin block. The SP-01 has a much lighter and smoother pull in comparison to the 75B (although they are the same platform) perhaps due to the absence of a firing pin block. You might also want to either consider a trigger job which will probably fix the stagey feel, or look for a pre-B 75 (without a firing pin block) in good condition although they may be hard to find. Time may also make the trigger smoother with a good break in period. I didn't have the patience to do any of that and wanted something to my liking right out of the box.

I would not discount a CZ 75B as it is a fine pistol. I would still have mine except I don't like collecting a lot of guns *GASP!*.

Just like a 1911, the CZ just requires a bit of work to make it feel right and then you would have an awesome, all steel pistol.

I'll tell you one thing though. It's hard to beat the feel of the CZ 75B in the hand. Certainly not any of the "Tupperware" guns (I own a Tupperware gun so I'm not being anti-plastic).

I like it way more than a Browning HP in the hand. Very few pistols come close to the feel of a CZ except a 1911...hmmm, maybe not even a 1911!

Last edited by misterballistic; 06-05-2012 at 06:41 AM.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:38 AM   #3

Тhank you!!!

Old 06-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry View Post
Тhank you!!!
Old pic I posted in this forum of my old beloved CZ and the Tupperware that eventually replaced it.

Yeah, I do miss miss the CZ...I should have just changed those damn sights and dry fired it more! :-(

Old 06-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #5

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

If you could come up with a little more money I highly recommend any of the SP-01 variants. They spawned from the P-01 which was derived from the 75B. They tweaked the ergos on the 01’s and the P-01 is the only NATO approved pistol available to the public, the U.S. Army "Mean Rounds Between Failure" requirement is 495 rounds for 9mm pistols. During testing of the CZ P-01, the average number of stoppages was only 7 per 15,000 rounds fired…..the SP’s hold 19 rounds as well, this one is the tactical, which means decocker lol

The legendary grip, and the factory rubber panels blow away Hogue and Pachmyer imo

Meprolight tritium combat sights

The BEST service pistol I have ever shot

Last edited by oli700; 06-05-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2949 Times on 1471 Posts
Likes Given: 323

For a service grade pistol they are quite good. They can be tuned for better as well.
http://czcustomguns.com/

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 06-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #7

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I'm a big fan of the CZ pistols. Personally I like the sp01 models, but they do need a little work. I did a write up that is over in the gunsmithing section on how to polish out the trigger a big.

I would always recommend a Cajun Gun Works Trigger kit, along with springs. You will notice the largest change by swapping out the heavy main spring with a lighter one ( this is across the line up ). A trigger kit really only helps with the single action pull.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/break-down-polish-cz-75-sp01-tactical-75-bd-p01-65530/

Old 06-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #8

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

very nice write up, it is exactly what I did to mine.....accept when I was driving the slave pin out with the oem the firing pin block spring slid up and got pushed out of the other side of the frame.....CZ custom has them in stock but it cost 7 bucks to send two $3 springs...I have considered the CGW hammer because when you get into the gut you can see how the hammer plays a big part in the trigger feel. I decided to leave it where it is at for now because I honestly don’t want it any more sensitive than it already is, after the polish, for my every day pistol

Old 06-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #9

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
very nice write up, it is exactly what I did to mine.....accept when I was driving the slave pin out with the oem the firing pin block spring slid up and got pushed out of the other side of the frame.....CZ custom has them in stock but it cost 7 bucks to send two $3 springs...I have considered the CGW hammer because when you get into the gut you can see how the hammer plays a big part in the trigger feel. I decided to leave it where it is at for now because I honestly don’t want it any more sensitive than it already is, after the polish, for my every day pistol
Yea I mauled that spring a bit also, managed to salvage it though. I don't mess with the slave pin, I've become pretty fast at putting the sear cage back together.

The mainspring/FPB/FP spring replacement is by far the best upgrade I think. Doing the hammer is just being picky : ) Sadly, the decocker models will never get as light as some of the DA/SA guns.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 251 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 110

I had a CZ 75, still have my CZ 50 and I agree w authors 2 primary faults. I also thought it had more muzzle flip than it should for a 9mm.

All these faults could be corrected. Colts & Hi Powers came w hump & bump sights in the early days as well. The full frame in photo w probably have eliminated my problem w muzzle flip as well.

Last edited by Gonzilla; 06-05-2012 at 09:09 PM.