Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > CZ 100 Laser question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default CZ 100 Laser question

Greetings. First post on the forum. I've been lurking for a while just trying to absorb as much info as possible.

I have a CZ 100 I purchased through my now defunct gun club several years ago. The battery for the laser is actually a mercury battery so as you can imagine, has been difficult to replace. I have had to take a trip over our Northern border twice now to get what I needed- it is only a couple hour trip but with the crack down at the border over the last few years it can take longer to get back into the country then it does to make the drive. I'm all done with that BS. Has anyone come across information on a legal substitute for the mercury battery? I have tried photo shops and looked extensively on line to no avail. I figured I'd throw it out here in case someone may have tried something else that worked.

Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-16-2008, 11:47 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slawth View Post
Greetings. First post on the forum. I've been lurking for a while just trying to absorb as much info as possible.

I have a CZ 100 I purchased through my now defunct gun club several years ago. The battery for the laser is actually a mercury battery so as you can imagine, has been difficult to replace. I have had to take a trip over our Northern border twice now to get what I needed- it is only a couple hour trip but with the crack down at the border over the last few years it can take longer to get back into the country then it does to make the drive. I'm all done with that BS. Has anyone come across information on a legal substitute for the mercury battery? I have tried photo shops and looked extensively on line to no avail. I figured I'd throw it out here in case someone may have tried something else that worked.

Thanks

What is the battery number???

Old 11-16-2008, 12:24 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

PX27/4NR43 Mercury Oxide 5.6V

I have found a few 6V Silver Oxides that are marketed as replacements for cameras but have been warned there may be risks running the higher voltage through the laser. I do not know enough about lasers to know if this holds any water or not.

Old 11-16-2008, 12:57 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
PX27/4NR43 Mercury Oxide 5.6V

I have found a few 6V Silver Oxides that are marketed as replacements for cameras but have been warned there may be risks running the higher voltage through the laser. I do not know enough about lasers to know if this holds any water or not.
If its within +-.7 volt you won't have any problem. 6.0VDC will not hurt your laser....

Old 11-16-2008, 01:14 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

So, no burning holes through my target before I get the shot off eh? Thanks for the reply. (I was actually concerned about damaging the laser as it is no longer in production.)

I have talked to several local photo places as well as my local gunshop (he is not a big fan of CZ's so he is never overly helpful when it comes to ?'s about them) over the last couple years and none of them could get me a definitive answer, just an- I wouldn't if you don't know for sure kind of thing. I don't really use the laser all that often so I sort of forget about it for a while. Then I go to use it and the battery is dead so I renew my quest.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
So, no burning holes through my target before I get the shot off eh? Thanks for the reply. (I was actually concerned about damaging the laser as it is no longer in production.)

I have talked to several local photo places as well as my local gunshop (he is not a big fan of CZ's so he is never overly helpful when it comes to ?'s about them) over the last couple years and none of them could get me a definitive answer, just an- I wouldn't if you don't know for sure kind of thing. I don't really use the laser all that often so I sort of forget about it for a while. Then I go to use it and the battery is dead so I renew my quest.
His loss... CZ's are excellent.