Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Crimson Trace vs. Lasermax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 04:00 AM   #11
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
I'm right handed but left eye dominant
which was fun to overcome when learning to shoot handguns
But beside the point why would a left handed grip interfere with laser I'm curious

I'm really starting to lean toward the lasermax guiderod but it sure would be nice to test them both side by side
no gunranges close to me with rentals but I may call bass pro in Springfield and see if they have anything to compare at their gun range
Off trigger finger placemnt when holding left hand can block the laser, also on/off is set up for right hand use.

Talk to the guys working the counter at your local range, ask them if they know of other shooter that have either set up that would share the good and bad about either laser or if the range has a bulliten board you can put up a note asking for experience. With luck you might get to meet some local shooters with the lasers, get there input and possibly shoot there set up. If nothing else it might be worth the drive to a range further away to get hands on before you buy.

I bought the Lasermax low profile after seeing another shooter at the range with it. I asked him what brand it was, how he liked it and after talking awhile he let me shoot a few rounds using his pistol. When I bought the light/laser combo I saw the same shooter at the range and asked him if he wanted to check it out. Over the years I expect I have asked lots of question of other shooters at the range and had as many asked of me. Overall most range shooters are friendly people and like to talk about there guns and gear.

Kinda like the people in the community just in real life

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:43 PM   #12

Thanks for that info
I'll have to check that out on the trace grips on the dummy gun at the gunshop No ranges local closest is probably 2-3 hr drive
to the best of my knowledge both the crimson grip and LM guiderod are ambi
but I do try to practice off hand shooting just in case

Old 10-01-2009, 03:59 AM   #13
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I don't think the CT is ambi but if you know different please share.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
I don't think the CT is ambi but if you know different please share.
The Crimson Trace LG-445 grip laser for the Springfield XD completly goes around the polymer grip of the XD the activation button is on the forward part of grip directly below the trigger guard so no matter if your a south paw or a righty your third finger is going to lay directly on the switch when you grip the weapon

all you have to do squeez your grip to activate the laser

Old 10-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #15

Well the decsion was made for me. And really I'm glad cause I would have second guessed myself forever on this. But anyway I picked up my XD yesterday and this morning took it down to give it it's outta of the box check and lube

Well I discovered that this xd 45 compact has the new style barrel lug that matches tthe xdm. And the lasermax guide rod will not fit properly
so crimson trace it will be. Done told the Mrs. its on the Xmas list

Last edited by Woody; 10-01-2009 at 03:03 PM.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #16

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have a Crimson Trace laser grips on my Kimber Pro CDP II.

I really like the setup for me.