Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   competition shooting bersa thunder 9 hc pro OR stoeger cougar 8000 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/competition-shooting-bersa-thunder-9-hc-pro-stoeger-cougar-8000-a-32398/)

chad2 09-29-2010 10:48 PM

competition shooting bersa thunder 9 hc pro OR stoeger cougar 8000

bersa vs. stoeger! i have heard so many people say that the stoeger cougar is extremely accurate! so why dosn't anyone use it in competitions? i mean what about the stoeger cougar makes it not good for competition?

then, there is the bersa thunder 9 hc pro, which i used bye a whole team that only shoots bersa. so i guess my question is, what makes the bersa better then the stoeger, is the bersa more accurate? is it because the bersa has a 4.2in barrel and the stoeger only has a 3.6in barrel? is it because bersa holds 17 rounds and the stoeger only holds 15? is it because of there triggers?

if so what about these guns makes the bersa better fot competition then the stoeger???????

danf_fl 09-29-2010 10:52 PM

How many times are you going to ask the same question in different threads? You have the same thing in general handgun area.

What, you didn't like the answers there?

NGIB 09-29-2010 10:58 PM

Exactly what competitions do you want to shoot?

If you're talking about IDPA, folks generally use their primary carry gun so either of these would be fine. Folks that shoot a lot tend to pick platforms that can withstand thousands of rounds a year, have parts that are readily available (and cheap), and have proven themselves to be worthy. I have nothing against either gun you're considering but they are not something folks consider when selecting a competition gun...

chad2 09-29-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 359887)
How many times are you going to ask the same question in different threads? You have the same thing in general handgun area.

What, you didn't like the answers there?

i am just getting everyones opinion and your answer is not an answer you gave an uneducated answer you have no excperience with these guns so how can you even say anything i am looking for people who have used these guns so thank you!

NGIB 09-29-2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad2 (Post 359893)
i am just getting everyones opinion and your answer is not an answer you gave an uneducated answer you have no excperience with these guns so how can you even say anything i am looking for people who have used these guns so thank you!

Ok dude. Insulting a Supporting Member isn't going to get you very far on this forum.

Bottom line is that both of the guns you keep harping on are cheap, entry level guns that wouldn't be anybody's first choice for competitions. And before you generate another snide reply, I have shot both of these guns and saw nothing special about either one...

chad2 09-29-2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 359892)
Exactly what competitions do you want to shoot?

If you're talking about IDPA, folks generally use their primary carry gun so either of these would be fine. Folks that shoot a lot tend to pick platforms that can withstand thousands of rounds a year, have parts that are readily available (and cheap), and have proven themselves to be worthy. I have nothing against either gun you're considering but they are not something folks consider when selecting a competition gun...

so your saying for the simple fact that these guns dont have a huge aftermarket is the reason they are not used so much in comp

you are also saying reliability is an issue. did you know that stoeger cougar holds the nato world record of 30,000 rounds through it with no failures. meaning no other gun has bet it!

M14sRock 09-29-2010 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad2 (Post 359893)

Slow down, Chad. Dan knows what he is talking about and is well liked and respected around here. He was questioning how many threads you would post the same question in, nothing more.

Both of the guns you mention have a strong following. Perhaps you should ask who around here owns the specific models you are interested in, and then ask those guys if they use them in competition. Maybe?

I know a guy who shot a Browning Hi Power in competition. Problem was they all wore out after 11,000-14,000 rounds, so he went through 3 or 4 a year. And the BHP is one of the finest, most respected designs on the planet.

chad2 09-29-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 359896)
Ok dude. Insulting a Supporting Member isn't going to get you very far on this forum.

Bottom line is that both of the guns you keep harping on are cheap, entry level guns that wouldn't be anybody's first choice for competitions. And before you generate another snide reply, I have shot both of these guns and saw nothing special about either one...

not insulting. voicing my opinion about his respones, i was told when i got on here that you need tough skin on this forum. well here goes.

danf_fl 09-29-2010 11:14 PM

Think about my answer in the other thread. A competition handgun receives more usage in a year than most people will put on one in a lifetime. The reason the Bersa or Cougar are not in the competition circles is because they will not hold up to such use.

You would have been better off with the Taurus.

My experience level includes IPSC matches in Europe, USPSA matches in the states, numerous trips to the range as a Certified Firearm instructor, and a part-time gunsmith. Get to my level of expertise, and I will have a conversation about guns with you.

chad2 09-29-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 359901)
Think about my answer in the other thread. A competition handgun receives more usage in a year than most people will put on one in a lifetime. The reason the Bersa or Cougar are not in the competition circles is because they will not hold up to such use.

You would have been better off with the Taurus.

My experience level includes IPSC matches in Europe, USPSA matches in the states, numerous trips to the range as a Certified Firearm instructor, and a part-time gunsmith. Get to my level of expertise, and I will have a conversation about guns with you.

look i got a little carried away i am sorry for that. i do have a question what do you think of the taurus?

i also like the taurus 809 way better then the stoeger or the bersa but i have heard a lot of bad things about them, like they are very hit and miss also a lot of people say that the 24/7 oss is good for comp but that gun has a comp barrel the 809 does not is the accuracy still good???? also what about replacement parts?

what do you think?