Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > compact .40?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 03:40 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmwilkes
Id rather not say where I work exactly, and as for the free ammo, they basically give it to us at the range when we shoot, and depending on who's working, usually get a box of ammo to go home with too, "can't leave it here if the case is open" lol. I love where I work I've looked at the M&P 40c and I'm not sure on what the going price is. I know I'm trying to keep it close to or below $500. I can get a new glock for that price. I'll look at the sheild, and I hadnt even considered the fnx, ill look. thanks guys keep the ideas coming. Oh, and if it helps for concealability, I wear shorts half the time and jeans the other half. Im 5'11 245. So i'm not sure what will conceal easily and what wont. Thats what worries me about the glock 23. Any ideas on what kind of holster? Preferably one that has good retention so it wont fall out in a fight.
It's obvious to me you work some kind of LE or security that rewrites being armed. In that case you can get the M&P with night sights and 3 mags at a great price...less than 450...standard sights less than 400. I got my M&P .45 through the S&W LE program. Between Smith and Glocks programs my collection is growing nicely.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 08-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 2 Posts

Yea, youve hit it about right on the head. How would I go about ordering the M&P through the program? would my local store be able to get it for me? and as Ive seen it appears that the glocks and M&Ps are about the same in size comparing the M&P40c and the G27. Still gonna keep my eyes open until Its in the budget to make my purchase lol.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #13

Liked 55 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillman7777 View Post
Take a look at the FNX 40. I am left handed.... It has ambidextrous controls... It's has a four inch barrel.. But it is one of my carry guns.
AMEN!!!!! My FNX .40 is by far the best .40 I have ever shot. A friend bought one and I shot it. I was hooked instantly and bought one myself.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #14

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Just get a crossbreed supertuck and carry the G22 lol. I guess I am missing the compact gun thing, I just don't find the G22 tough to conceal.

Just my opinion of course.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmwilkes
Yea, youve hit it about right on the head. How would I go about ordering the M&P through the program? would my local store be able to get it for me? and as Ive seen it appears that the glocks and M&Ps are about the same in size comparing the M&P40c and the G27. Still gonna keep my eyes open until Its in the budget to make my purchase lol.
Check out buds police supply, they can get you all set up. Or contact S&W directly and go from there.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 08-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 2 Posts

I also know of a local store that may be able to provide me with the same/similar deal, thinking I may come out cheaper without having to ship it...

Old 08-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Glock has discounts to
http://www.ps-o.us/Glock%20LE%20Sales.htm

Old 08-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 2 Posts

I think I'm just gonna stick with Glock for now. I can carry backup mags from my G22 and they will fit the G27 if SHTF. So Thanks for your input guys, because I'm sure I'll end up buying more than just one more gun for concealed carry.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:48 PM   #19

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Beretta px4 storms are left handed freindly

" TO EACH HIS OWN "