Comments and thoughts on the Sig 226 .40 S&W
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Comments and thoughts on the Sig 226 .40 S&W

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Comments and thoughts on the Sig 226 .40 S&W

Hey guys, just wondering what you thought of the Sig P226 in .40, I'm interested in buying one and would like to see if anyone had a short review.

Last edited by canebrake; 11-26-2010 at 09:17 PM. Reason: TTTP

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #2

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Too expensive for what you get. Better bang for your buck out there. That is unless you really want a Sig and are willing to pay the premium.

.40 S&W is an answer to a question never asked. Either side of .40 is a better choice, 9mm or .45 ACP.

Hey, you asked.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 11-26-2010, 08:34 PM   #3

You will not go wrong with the Sig P229, Shot hundreds of round, never had an issue.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:17 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 244 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 30

P220/226/229 are great guns. Buying them brand new can set you back quite a bit, but they're almost nice enough to justify it. There are some great used deals out there.

I'm not a huge 40sw fan. It's a fine defensive caliber and all, but I'd probably lean toward a P226 in 9mm or a P220 (45acp). But if you like the 40sw and the price is right, jump on it.

Old 11-26-2010, 11:02 PM   #5

Likes Given: 2

A short review: I love mine. Highly recomend if you are considering one.

Old 11-27-2010, 02:23 AM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

I really don't understand when people say a gun on the higher-end of the price spectrum is "too expensive", or "overpriced", etc.

If you can afford something nice or the more desirable stuff. Why not? Just as long as you understand that it won't make you a better shooter, or a better human being, or as long as you're not doing something stupid like blowing your life savings on it.

Besides, people buy things for more than just its functionality. No matter how much a lot of us don't want to admit it style counts and that high end mall ninja stuff is pretty cool!

So if you can swing a P226. Why not? Go for it! Spoil yourself!

Last edited by misterballistic; 11-27-2010 at 02:27 AM.

Old 11-27-2010, 03:14 AM   #7

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default reply

I know nothinbg of this weapon but to the last post: why pay 39.95 for an adjustable wrench when you can buy a set of real wrenches for 29.95? Alot of times TOOLs that cost more dont actually fit the NUT any better and its nice to know that

Old 11-27-2010, 03:45 AM   #8

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badshot320 View Post
I know nothinbg of this weapon but to the last post: why pay 39.95 for an adjustable wrench when you can buy a set of real wrenches for 29.95? Alot of times TOOLs that cost more dont actually fit the NUT any better and its nice to know that
If all you want the wrench to do is loosen the nut then fine. But what if you really like wrenches and think they have more use then just to loosen the nut?

If a pistol is only a tool then get a Glock They work..That's all. But if you are one that sees more in a pistol than just a tool then you might want to look around at other alternatives.

A Sig can get expensive. But you can find a deal of you look around. CPO or LEO trade ins can be had around 500.00 give or take 50.00. With as Sig you get a really nice weapon. One that will olive up to the "To hell and back reliability" moniker. And it wont give you that woke up next to the ugly chick after a hard night of drinking feeling.

At the end of the day no mater what it is it's only worth what you are willing to pay for it. If a Sig is too expensive then it's not worth it....To you. My two Sigs (226 & 229) I got for right at 500.00 per. To me they where worth every penny. But being mainly a 1911 guy I'm willing to pay pretty well for a weapon that in my opinion is more than a tool. It's more a functional work of art. I like how they look as well as how they function. A Sig in my opinion also fits in this category pretty well.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-27-2010, 04:13 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5631 Times on 2943 Posts
Likes Given: 371

ive got a sig p220 and used to have a p226 in 9mm. sold the p226 cuz i just didnt shoot it. both are superb guns. they go bang when the trigger is pulled everytime. extremely accurate and shootable. i like em better than any of the striker pistols out there. they just feel good. not as good as a nice colt or springfield 1911, but better than most of the 1911's out there.

i too am of the opinion that the 40 is a solution in search of a problem. both the 9mm and 45 are better rounds. 9mm is more controllable the 45 more effective. however if you want one there is no better reason to get one

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-27-2010, 04:28 AM   #10

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Well, one of my first purchases when I get money, is going to be a Nighthawk and a Les Baer, so, I don't mind paying alot for a good gun, I was just interested in getting a Sig and looks like they have gotten good reviews here : )