Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Cobra FS380CB (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/cobra-fs380cb-94882/)

bikerlbf406 08-03-2013 01:40 AM

Cobra FS380CB

Just bought me a Cobra FS380CB .380 today at a pawn shop. Price out the door after tax and a $2 background check call in fee was $140.......its all chrome plated and although it is used, looks like brand new and includes the original box. Did I get a decent deal, anything I should be aware of with this particular model of gun. Yes I know they are a cheap priced gun, however I also know that doesn't always mean its a POS gun either as I've owned Hi Points and feel they can be quite reliable. Unfortunately I bought it shortly before closing time and my background check was delayed, and since here in IL we have have a 72 hour wait, I can't pick it up until anytime Tuesday. Can't wait to get it home and also take it to a range and try her out.

Mongo 08-03-2013 01:51 AM

Always put it in the half cocked position before closong the action or you might have an accidental discharge.
Read the instruction booklet

bikerlbf406 08-03-2013 02:05 AM

I'll keep that in mind.

danf_fl 08-03-2013 11:03 AM

Although I would not consider it a great heirloom, I think you did okay for the price.

There was a time when I tried to get as many firearms as I could on my meager salary. I've since began to realize that 5 "so-so" firearms could buy me 1 "great" firearm. The biggest hurdle I had was understanding that old adage "Beware of for the man with only one firearm, he may know how to use it."

bikerlbf406 08-06-2013 11:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well I picked up my Cobra today. However the damn pawn shop "lost" the original case it came in, didn't even tell me about it until I ask about it today, and then just simply said they looked for it over the weekend but couldn't find it.......they refused to even refund part of the money despite them losing the case. Any way here's the pics of it.

bikerlbf406 08-07-2013 07:25 AM

Well I was at Wal-Mart tonight going through the clearance aisle, not looking for anything in particular and I happen to see just one right side pistol holster, a generic nylon holster with a outside snap or buckle release (you can use either) and a velcro belt strap to strap over your belt for only $3. One of those that has a mag holder on the front of it. Thought it looked like it might fit the Cobra so I bought it just to try it out and low behold it fits like its made for specifically for this gun. Also I name all of my guns and have decided on a name for the Cobra. It is Serpent which is short for La Serpiente which is Spanish for snake, since Cobra is a type of snake.

ncampbell 08-12-2013 03:01 AM

Not to rain on your great buy, but be very careful using this firearm. It has a reputation of blowing up in people's hands...just saying

bikerlbf406 08-12-2013 03:59 AM

You know the same pawn shop (different location though) I bought this from once told me that the CA Series had a tendency to blow up after firing more then a couple rounds at a time through it, when I had brought it up that I was considering one from another pawn shop while looking to see what they had in stock. I researched Cobra quite a bit and could not find even one case of it happening and a buddy of mine has one and never had a problem with it. I ruled it as just the pawn shop lying to me to try and keep me from buying from another shop and to by there instead. I've also heard the same stories about Hi-Points, but have learned from experience almost all bad reviews are from people who never owned one and bash it strictly based upon price.

danf_fl 08-12-2013 09:00 AM

I consider the magazines to be the weak link in a semi-auto.
I suggest that you get a couple more.
Should a problem arise, then you can determine if the magazine is causing the problem.

bikerlbf406 08-12-2013 11:44 AM

Yeah I bought one mag already so that gives me 2 mags for it and probably next month I'll buy me a 3rd mag