Cobra CA-380 assemble
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Cobra CA-380 assemble

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2008, 03:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Cobra CA-380 assemble

I bought a new Cobra CA-380 and broke it down for lube and cleaning. It went back together ok,but now it takes an enormus amount of force to rack the slide n order to engage the firing pin. Any ideas ?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-06-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Cobra CA 380

I purchased on of these at a gun show because of the price. After getting home I found the gun very difficult to cock. I took gun to range and was pleasently surprized with the accuracy but had many feeding problems. After three boxes of shells the Spring eased up a little and was some what easier to cock. I tried several different brands of Ammo and the feeding problem has not improved. One major draw back to the gun, for me, is the end of the slide is very pointed and sharp, after 1 clip I have blood running down my hand.
My fix was to disassemble and gently round off the end of the slide and polish smooth (this is a Stainless Steel model), Unfortunately we took the gun out over Christmas and I let my brother in law shot it and when he racked the slide it came off in his hand and the firing pin spring and keeper shot out into some tall grass and we were unable to find either, so I do not know if the work on the end of the slide helped or not.
Now I am trying to contact cobra about new parts. But it have not been able to get in contact with them as yet.