Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > clean or not to clean

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 12:26 AM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Used to do the white cloth inspection after a day at the range. Every weapon, pistol, rifle or launcher that went back into the arms room was checked for any debris. Didn't have any problems when we went to the range next time. Still believe in that after all these years.

SOUTHERN BORN CONSERVATIVE REDNECK AND VERY PROUD OF IT

ARMY 1970-1971 MP SGT Nam
Army 1976-1994 MP/CID Agent 1SG

Old 09-29-2009, 03:25 AM   #12
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

As most expressed I clean and inspect my firearms after every use. Is it required? No. Is it a reasonable method to insure your firearm is in top working order? Yes. The chances of a fail to fire, fail to eject or a jam are higher on a dirty firearm, it might only increase to possibility by a small fraction but why risk it?

I tool well maintained will work as expected and last for a long time. I tool neglected has a chance of failure and will show the neglect over time.

My 2C

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.