Checking empty pistol - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Checking empty pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettButler

MrWray,

Fix me, seriously.

I can decock a Browning A-Bolt, any double-action revolver, Hi-Power, PPK and /s, Walther p22, Sig 22?, and 1911.

How does one decock a Glock without dry firing the weapon? I keep loaded mags in mine. Trigger set: round in chamber, trigger down: chamber empty with magazine loaded. I don't particularly like pulling the trigger to lower the hammer.

I'm in the office just now without those particular weapons, but I'd almost testify in Fed court that the only method to get the striker off cock (if that the convoluted way to say that) is to dry fire the gun.

Thanks,

Front sight, squeeze, enjoy.
I definately wasnt calling you stupid sir, i was referring to the story where the guy was being negligent and shot himself in front of his sister. A glock doesnt need to be dry fired to unload it or too ensure that it is unloaded BUT its totally safe to dry fire one. Dry firing a glock will not hurt it

Old 02-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #52

Likes Given: 1

MrWray:

I took no offense. Just thought I'd missed a method to decock the striker on a Glock.
I'm still amazed that the take-down lever on a PPK/s is the trigger guard, and I learned that 15 years ago.

Keep you barrel up.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:07 PM   #53

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettButler
MrWray:

I took no offense. Just thought I'd missed a method to decock the striker on a Glock.
I'm still amazed that the take-down lever on a PPK/s is the trigger guard, and I learned that 15 years ago.

Keep you barrel up.
Ya that could be a little sketchy :-)