CHEAP .45s - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

CHEAP .45s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 79 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 41

the stoegers are great as long as you don't limp wrist it

Old 01-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #52

if you want a .45 and aren't necessarily looking for a 1911 get a p90. you can feed it rocks, drop it, cover it in sand, it doesn't matter it will Always feed. on top of that it's a tack driver with accuracy comparable to a sig 220 and i know this for a fact having owned both. also the price for a p90 is in the upper 2 range used and lower 3 range new. i personally own three of this model, my p90th special edition being my favorite of the three.
in essence get a p90
img_7864.jpg  

Old 01-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #53

image-3931656392.jpg

I agree 100%. The P90 is great. Even my wife loves to shoot it. Never had an issue.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #54

yours is nice where did you get the wood grips

Old 01-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #55
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiabe1 View Post
the stoegers are great as long as you don't limp wrist it
Quote:
if you want a .45 and aren't necessarily looking for a 1911 get a p90. you can feed it rocks, drop it, cover it in sand, it doesn't matter it will Always feed. on top of that it's a tack driver with accuracy comparable to a sig 220 and i know this for a fact having owned both. also the price for a p90 is in the upper 2 range used and lower 3 range new. i personally own three of this model, my p90th special edition being my favorite of the three.
in essence get a p90
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4man87 View Post
Attachment 79317

I agree 100%. The P90 is great. Even my wife loves to shoot it. Never had an issue.
Quote:
yours is nice where did you get the wood grips
you guys do realize we have a tradition on the forum here that when you resurrect a thread thats over a year old you have to buy the forum a birthday cake!

BTW, welcome to the forum! stop over in the introductions section and say hello.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #56

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

you guys do realize we have a tradition on the forum here that when you resurrect a thread thats over a year old you have to buy the forum a birthday cake!

BTW, welcome to the forum! stop over in the introductions section and say hello.
I like CHOCKOLOT!
People Like This 
Old 01-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #57

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default I REALLY need a CHeap 45...can I build one?

I appreciate the discussion about high end 45s...Wilson, Brown, Colt Gold Cup.
I am at the other end of the spectrum....really broke.!!!
I have noticed there are 1911 parts kits out there for about $200...Can I get a frame for $200 or less? Then with some sweat equity, maybe I could build myself a real Colt 1911 for about $400 or less?..??
Would appreciate comments from those with more experience then mine. I have never built a gun from parts, but have a proclivity to taking things apart and putting them back together. I am retired, so only have SS income, I sold off all my power tools when we lost our house ( boo hoo)....but have an electric drill motor and my dremel tools, maybe two hundred hand tools, clamps, drills, files etc.....
I like the idea of an all steell gun with 4" barrel or more. I am a big guy and had a Colt 45 but sold it years ago ( long story REAL BOO HOO!!)...I had a S & W Model 39 in 9mm and hated the way it twisted in my hand when I shot it( short barrel and alloy frame). Like I said I am a big guy and the Colt 45 and later a Ruger Blackhawk in 357 Magnum ( with Long barrel) were fun to shoot. I later sold the Model 39 as I had to sell all my guns( I had it apart for about two years, I put it together the night before the buyer came for it...I like autos cause you can take them apart...I was told never do that with a revolver).
I worked on aircraft and spacecraft for a total of 6 years so I guess I can say I am handy.
I have found parts kits but am having problems finding a 1911 STEEL frame. The plan is to buy the kit...then save the $$ for the frame. I still have a bunch of mags, once fired brass, and other small parts for the Colt, so this will reduce my costs
Appreciate comments.
Thanks and Regards,
Anthony Barbuto
barbuto@optonline.net

Old 01-13-2013, 01:54 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonybarbuto View Post
I appreciate the discussion about high end 45s...Wilson, Brown, Colt Gold Cup.
I am at the other end of the spectrum....really broke.!!!
I have noticed there are 1911 parts kits out there for about $200...Can I get a frame for $200 or less? Then with some sweat equity, maybe I could build myself a real Colt 1911 for about $400 or less?..??
Would appreciate comments from those with more experience then mine. I have never built a gun from parts, but have a proclivity to taking things apart and putting them back together. I am retired, so only have SS income, I sold off all my power tools when we lost our house ( boo hoo)....but have an electric drill motor and my dremel tools, maybe two hundred hand tools, clamps, drills, files etc.....
I like the idea of an all steell gun with 4" barrel or more. I am a big guy and had a Colt 45 but sold it years ago ( long story REAL BOO HOO!!)...I had a S & W Model 39 in 9mm and hated the way it twisted in my hand when I shot it( short barrel and alloy frame). Like I said I am a big guy and the Colt 45 and later a Ruger Blackhawk in 357 Magnum ( with Long barrel) were fun to shoot. I later sold the Model 39 as I had to sell all my guns( I had it apart for about two years, I put it together the night before the buyer came for it...I like autos cause you can take them apart...I was told never do that with a revolver).
I worked on aircraft and spacecraft for a total of 6 years so I guess I can say I am handy.
I have found parts kits but am having problems finding a 1911 STEEL frame. The plan is to buy the kit...then save the $$ for the frame. I still have a bunch of mags, once fired brass, and other small parts for the Colt, so this will reduce my costs
Appreciate comments.
Thanks and Regards,
Anthony Barbuto
barbuto@optonline.net
highly doubtful you can actually build a 1911 for less than you can buy one for. building a 1911 isn't like building an AR. even Mil-Spec parts will need fitting and fine tuning to get them to work properly and safely.

then there is your skill level to consider. there are reams of books devoted to just the 1911 because it's such a regarded platform and there is a certain mystery in building them from scratch. depending on your knowledge of the platform, it would be advised in buying several and doing a lot of reading first.

what about tools and equipment? there are many specialized tools for building the 1911's that will be needed to build one that is accurate and safe to operate. these tools are not cheap and if you only built one 1911 from scratch, then figure their cost into the build.

now factor all that together, and by the end of it all, you could hae bought a couple of really, really nice 1911's, that are ready to go. trust me, i have looked at this several angle for many years, and have found i can buy a 1911 and customize and personalize it for much cheaper with alot less problems in the long run.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:23 AM   #59

i'll get right on that cake thing lol

Old 01-13-2013, 02:25 AM   #60

Quote:
i'll get right on that cake thing lol
thank you! don't forget the beer though!