CHEAP .45s - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > CHEAP .45s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 05:38 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Rather have a Taurus than ANOTHER RIA
OH CRAP TAURUS!!! How have your experiences been. I know nothing about them first hand. I own a ruger p95 and sr9c, and also a saiga ak. I seem to gravitate towards a taurus, I have no problems with a polymer framed 45.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:33 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 65 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 104

The onlt taurus that I ever had a problem with was a .25. I have 4 taurus now pt101-40,pt740slim,pt609-9mm,pt24/7pro-.45. Never had a problem with any of these, even with cheap ammo or the good stuff no ftf's or fte's they have been very solid in there performance.But I do keep them clean and oiled. I think that is the key to any gun.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:10 AM   #43

Ruger P90 is the way to go, and seems to be a popular answer to your question. i have had mine for about 5 years and it is still onr of my faves. accurate, reliable, and a great price. you can't go wrong with this brick of a .45

Old 05-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I have quite a few.45's, and haven't seen any comments on this post yet about the Beretta Cougar .45's, so add that one into the mix. There made by Stoeger now, but I have two of the Cougars, one in .45 and on in 9mm, and there both great shooting, reliable guns. I did a quick check on GB and see one listed new for $ 449.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 05-12-2011, 05:42 AM   #45

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Rather have a Taurus than ANOTHER RIA
I have both Taurus and RIA. I love them both. I've had the PT92AFS for almost 20 years, and it's still rock solid reliable.

The RIA is a more recent purchase, but so far, I don't regret getting it either.

And as you can tell, I like my guns shiny.

Big Gay Al
coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
"Of course I carry a gun, you would too if you were called Big Gay Al"

kiabe1 Likes This 
Old 05-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #46

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Check out the ATI FX .45

Old 05-15-2011, 01:13 AM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 65 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 104

Have been looking at the stoeger and have read several articles about them, that may very well be my next purchase. I have also looked at the American Tactical 1911 but I really drawn to the stoeger.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:01 AM   #48

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy9mm View Post
Have been looking at the stoeger and have read several articles about them, that may very well be my next purchase. I have also looked at the American Tactical 1911 but I really drawn to the stoeger.
Just an FYI, Stoeger doesn't "make" the Cougar. It's made by a firm in Turkey. Stoegar is the importer.

Big Gay Al
coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
"Of course I carry a gun, you would too if you were called Big Gay Al"

Old 05-15-2011, 04:20 AM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Just my two cents worth, but if it was me, I'd spend a $100 more and buy a Springfield.....

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 05-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #50

let me recommend you the Regent 1911 made by umarex,i bought mine last week from my local academy sport store for $450. It works flawlessly even with my 15 rd promag magazines,not a single hiccup,i already shot 600 rounds through it and not a single jam..This is my first 1911 and so far im so happy with it since its as accurate as my dads expensive colt mark iv govt 1911..theres several reviews out there on google,i recommend you search for them and all your going to see are positive reviews..In no way,shape,form or manner i am comparing the Regent 1911 to other high class 1911s,im just saying its a great bang for the buck,and the Regent 1911 is made to shoot JHP bullets without any modifications needed on your part.Im not a gun expert but the Regent 1911 comes with a lowered ejection port,and i polished feed ramp so you can feed those jhp easily with no problems..and i forgot to mention is made out of Steel so its a very solid 1911 despite its very cheap..