CHEAP .45s - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > CHEAP .45s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 03:12 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

I have a Kimber, and RIA officers model and a taurus pt145. I carry the taurus everyday with me in my truck. Kimber dont want to damage, RIA magazine too small...tuarus just keeps shooting!!!

Old 01-14-2011, 03:23 AM   #22

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
It is tough times all the same several quality pistols suggested for the money the OP has to spend and will be a firearm he can trust his life with I'm trying to understand your point
Right on, WDB. Unless he is arguing the difference between cheap and inexpensive, then he is saying that if you spend less than a certain amount on a firearm then you are either stupid or bound to be a failure to your family. That's what I take from that post, anyway.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 01-14-2011, 03:30 AM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

whats often over looked when buying guns on a budget are high quality used guns. lots of people buy a gun then sell it cuz they gotta have the latest and greatest many used guns are hardly used if it all.

you can often find smoking deals on used firearms that you would normally pay out the but for which are in excellent condition.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-14-2011, 04:31 AM   #24

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
whats often over looked when buying guns on a budget are high quality used guns. lots of people buy a gun then sell it cuz they gotta have the latest and greatest many used guns are hardly used if it all.

you can often find smoking deals on used firearms that you would normally pay out the but for which are in excellent condition.
Great point!

I know some dont quite care for the DA only, But I saw a brand new Sig P250 .45 compact for under $400 last week.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:54 PM   #25

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default gee whiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK2344 View Post
In all my years of buying and shooting, I can't remember even one time when I used the word cheap or thought of this word when looking for a new gun. I know we are in a tough economic time but do yourself a big favor and buy yourself a good quality firearm. Please don't put a price tag on the value of your life and that is what you will do when you buy cheap!
Cheap is another word for valuable in my way of speaking. To get a weapon cheap is not to run out and buy a jennings or hipoint. Its to get something that can defend myself or my family for a good price, period. I wish to allah that I could afford a base model kimber or wilson combat. Sadly im to poor.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #26

Liked 1905 Times on 1060 Posts
Likes Given: 1253

I own a Citidel. It is a 5". It was just under $500. It came with a polished feed ramp, enlarged ejection port, skeletonized hammer and trigger. It is ambidextrous. I have easliy got 4000 rounds through it. I would recomend it to anyone.

If you are not set on the 1911 platform, you can't go wrong with a Ruger. I had a P90. Great Gun. I also own a Bersa Concealed Carry Pro. It is a compact with a double stack mag. It holds 7 +1. Good gun for the money. $400 brand new. I like it beacuse it is double action with an exposed hammer and a decocker.

I have owned 2 Taurus guns. I will never own another.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:13 PM   #27

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
From the extensive research I've done on budget 1911's, I came to the conclusion that the Para Ordnance GI Expert was the best bang for the buck. It's actually been tested and issued to a couple county sheriff departments. Apparently it eats most every brand of ammo nicely.

They start at about 470.00, depending where you shop at online. Which is a screaming deal for a 1911.

I sadly did not go with the purchase this christmas, instead a brand new LCD tv sits in my living room...I have shamed the firearm gods....
I have the Para, it's been a great gun so far. I paid $465 for it and am very happy. The only thing I've changed is the grips, the factory grips are hard plastic. Great gun for the money.

FWIW, the only experience I have with the 24/7 in .45 was shooting one at the range one day. It had several light strikes and failure to feed issues. My Ruger P-series has over a decade of abuse without one part needing to be replaced, including springs, with no hiccups at all. I'd own a P90 happily, but you wouldn't catch me trusting my safety to a Taurus.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Maybe try an XD45 Tactical....

Old 01-18-2011, 08:33 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyg View Post
Maybe try an XD45 Tactical....

I have really enjoyed my XD45 tactical/5", also available in OD greenness.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:26 PM   #30

+1 for the Ruger P90, I picked one up years ago for $280 and it has yet to fail me. Lots of rounds through that unit, steel case or cheap ammunition no problem.

Chance favors the prepared mind