CHEAP .45s - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > CHEAP .45s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

High standard makes a really super nice mil-spec. I have one and really like it,the fit,finish and function are flawles.It is not pick about ammo it is fed either. here is the link to Able's,they sell these pistols for as cheap as i have seen 'em.

High Standard GI 1911 Pistol HSTX1911, 45 ACP, 5", Wood Grip, Parkerized Finish, 7 Rd

Old 01-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #12

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Don't know if they still are, but the High Standard 1911s were made by ARMSCOR (the same folks that make Rock Islands). I had one a few years back and it was an ARMSCOR gun...

Old 01-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default not so much platform

I just want it to have a 5 inch barrel or a little longer, in the case of the24/7 maybe the long slide model would be nice. I have just recently started looking at 45s and these are what caught my eye. I really do think that a solid 1911 style gun would turn in to a nicer heirloom that the taurus. Easily customized and if taken care of properly, will last forever. Im lookin for something under 500 bucks that my grand kids can shoot in 20 years.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default love my p series

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
Nothing wrong with that 24/7.

Better than a Sigma or Ruger P series anyday
My ruger 9mm p95 is by far one of the best guns Ive had the chance to shoot. In the last year my wife and I have put around 3000 rnds thru it. It has not FTE since the first 250 rnds. Rem jhp, federal jhp, win ranger T+p, gold dot+p, hornady XTP, and all manner of decent and crappy fmj. Have you gotten the same from your 24/7?

Old 01-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #15

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I sold my 24/7 to my brother. It might have 2000 rounds through it. Failure free and extremely accurate.

However my PT92AFS haa about 19000 rounds run through it, still on the original springs, never a malfunction.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-12-2011, 10:23 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

From the extensive research I've done on budget 1911's, I came to the conclusion that the Para Ordnance GI Expert was the best bang for the buck. It's actually been tested and issued to a couple county sheriff departments. Apparently it eats most every brand of ammo nicely.

They start at about 470.00, depending where you shop at online. Which is a screaming deal for a 1911.

I sadly did not go with the purchase this christmas, instead a brand new LCD tv sits in my living room...I have shamed the firearm gods....

Old 01-12-2011, 10:39 PM   #17

I have a RIA 1911 CS that I bought used with plans of use as a carry piece. However I quickly found a quirk with it. At the range after about 50 rounds, it begins to fail to close the chamber all the way every third round or so. So far I've found no one who knows why this is happening, but I think it might be why it was for sale in the first place. An acquaintance of mine is likely going to buy it from me in the next month or so, for some reason he is not as concerned with this as I am. It's probably just a fluke, but it makes me not want another RIA. Sad, because it's a pretty nice shooter when it actually works. At $350 used, it's definitely cheap but it also malfunctions.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:49 PM   #18

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
I have a RIA 1911 CS that I bought used with plans of use as a carry piece. However I quickly found a quirk with it. At the range after about 50 rounds, it begins to fail to close the chamber all the way every third round or so. So far I've found no one who knows why this is happening, but I think it might be why it was for sale in the first place. An acquaintance of mine is likely going to buy it from me in the next month or so, for some reason he is not as concerned with this as I am. It's probably just a fluke, but it makes me not want another RIA. Sad, because it's a pretty nice shooter when it actually works. At $350 used, it's definitely cheap but it also malfunctions.
Put in a new recoil spring, go up a pound or two...

Old 01-14-2011, 02:27 AM   #19

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjj342 View Post
I have recently been looking into the future and thinking about a cheaper 45 acp. Ive been looking around and have been surprised with my findings. Rock Island Armory 1911 45 $400-500, Interstate arms 1911 45 $350-450, American classic by metro arms 1911 45 $400-500, and Taurus 24/7 OSS 45 $325 (WOW). Any insight on any of these guns. Ive heard not much good about polymer framed taurus's. Im really interested in the 24/7 though. I just wonder how good these guns are.
In all my years of buying and shooting, I can't remember even one time when I used the word cheap or thought of this word when looking for a new gun. I know we are in a tough economic time but do yourself a big favor and buy yourself a good quality firearm. Please don't put a price tag on the value of your life and that is what you will do when you buy cheap!

Old 01-14-2011, 03:02 AM   #20
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK2344 View Post
In all my years of buying and shooting, I can't remember even one time when I used the word cheap or thought of this word when looking for a new gun. I know we are in a tough economic time but do yourself a big favor and buy yourself a good quality firearm. Please don't put a price tag on the value of your life and that is what you will do when you buy cheap!
It is tough times all the same several quality pistols suggested for the money the OP has to spend and will be a firearm he can trust his life with I'm trying to understand your point

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.