Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Cc .40?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Both very nice guns!
Thanks! I love them both because they work flawlessly and are easy to conceal.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99zulu
I am currently looking into getting a CCW. Possibly even today. I own a ruger Sr40, so would prefer a .40 caliber. The only two that I have seriously looked into so far are the Sr40f, and the g27. Would appreciate ant intel on other good compact .40s. The upper end of my price range is around $700
I vote g27. It's extremely accurate for its size and u get the glock reliability. My wife carries one daily and u can't even tell its on her.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:55 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the input. Didn't end up getting one today due to various financial reasons that came up. I will post pics when I do.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2206 Times on 1134 Posts
Likes Given: 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99zulu View Post
Overkill, my friend has an xd40 that he swears by. I don't think I've ever even held one though. Maybe ill look into that more before buying
There are a lot of choices, take your time. Enjoy the hunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol_Pete View Post
You should definitely. I love my xd 40. I feel like my hands are too big for the sc. Even with the extensions
This one?
http://www.amazon.com/Pearce-Springfield-Armory-XD-Extension/dp/B000J4JI14

Made a huge difference for me.

I would also suggest that you consider 9 mm version of your options as well. As far a social interactions, (with proper ammo choices) 9 mm & .40 S&W are pretty much a wash where performance is concerned. If I were to go back, I'd very likely buy the XD9SC instead. Since .40 has little performance advantage, it's disadvantages need to be considered. Capacity being one. The other major one is recoil and general unpleasantness. There is simply no way to ignore it, little .40s suck to shoot with full strength ammo. Can one learn to deal with that? Sure. But I found it tedious after a while. You should do what you think best, just give it some thought.
NRA Life Member

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" B. H. Obama. (Sort of representative of his whole tenure, when you think about it.)

Old 12-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1820 Times on 933 Posts
Likes Given: 981

I am partial to the Glock Model 27 40 Cal. I have carried mine for several years. It is very accurate even at 25+ yards. Will put all the rounds in the center square of a TQ-15 Target with no problem. Since I can not stand my pinkie finger hanging over the end of any pistol grip. I added the extension which also adds an additional round.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 12-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4723 Times on 2696 Posts
Likes Given: 3753

My favorite .40 is the small SIG P239.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #17
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 249 Times on 164 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Consider the Kahr CW40. I have a PM40 for CC. Very small and easy to conceal, but a bit of a bear to shoot often. Very reliable with all ammo types I've fed it. I've had it for about a year with about 300 Ross through it. I'm a large person tho' and recoil doesn't bother me.

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 249 Times on 164 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoertz
Consider the Kahr CW40. I have a PM40 for CC. Very small and easy to conceal, but a bit of a bear to shoot often. Very reliable with all ammo types I've fed it. I've had it for about a year with about 300 Ross through it. I'm a large person tho' and recoil doesn't bother me.
Edit - 300 rds

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #19

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

G-23 and G-27 with no issues.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #20

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

not fired the ruger so i can not say.ruger makes great guns as i own a few..

.but imho the one and only thing that counts is will it feed and cycle any type of ammo each and every time.???

as a former gun shop owner and gun exspert in the calif court system i chose a glock....i use a glock 23 in 40 cal..i can take 14 different types of bullets/ heads and shake them in hand then load it in mag and fire each and every time...something few handguns can do.....hand guns where designed to take round nose bullets NOT wide mouth hollow points....a glock is in the same price range fyi...

having a gun jam up cyling or falurure to feed in life or death situation is wrong..i only have one life.

i know we was talking 40 cal..but background info..years ago i showed the 45 master dan dyer that my 45 combat govt could feed empty cases like his did..he was shocked lol...but to me a 45 cal spends to much time with mussel in the air vs on target..i went 40 cal with almost same end results

Newest Threads