Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Cc .40? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/cc-40-a-78043/)

99zulu 12-08-2012 06:43 PM

Cc .40?
 
I am currently looking into getting a CCW. Possibly even today. I own a ruger Sr40, so would prefer a .40 caliber. The only two that I have seriously looked into so far are the Sr40f, and the g27. Would appreciate ant intel on other good compact .40s. The upper end of my price range is around $700

HOSSFLY 12-08-2012 06:46 PM

Whats wrong with just carring your SR40?
Just want a smaller frame?

Overkill0084 12-08-2012 06:58 PM

I have a XD40SC. Great gun. Accurate & reliable, certainly worth a look in the class of gun your shopping for. But it gets tiresome to shoot very much with full strength ammo, much like other competing guns. This is a bummer, for me at least, since little bitty .40s kind of demand that you practice with them on a regular basis if you really want to be proficient with them.

magnumman 12-08-2012 07:03 PM

M&p 40c or shield are both very popular and well within your budget

99zulu 12-08-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 1044347)
Whats wrong with just carring your SR40?
Just want a smaller frame?

Yeah. I'm a pretty small guy, and its difficult for me to comfortably conceal my Sr40. I like the Sr40c, and will most likely get one later today. Just wanted to know peoples opinions in other .40 cals

99zulu 12-08-2012 07:38 PM

Overkill, my friend has an xd40 that he swears by. I don't think I've ever even held one though. Maybe ill look into that more before buying

HOSSFLY 12-08-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99zulu (Post 1044399)
Yeah. I'm a pretty small guy, and its difficult for me to comfortably conceal my Sr40. I like the Sr40c, and will most likely get one later today. Just wanted to know peoples opinions in other .40 cals

Gud choice IMO-
Had a SR9C for a few yrs & love it :cool:

TX45 12-08-2012 08:53 PM

I also love my stainless SR9c. It's my CCW besides the PT145.

BeyondTheBox 12-08-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TX45 (Post 1044485)
I also love my stainless SR9c. It's my CCW besides the PT145.

Both very nice guns!

Pistol_Pete 12-08-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99zulu
Overkill, my friend has an xd40 that he swears by. I don't think I've ever even held one though. Maybe ill look into that more before buying

You should definitely. I love my xd 40. I feel like my hands are too big for the sc. Even with the extensions


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:03 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.