casting mark inside slide

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > casting mark inside slide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default casting mark inside slide

i was cleaning my p95 and noticed what looks like a spot where the slide wast cast. its inside my slide down underneath where the barrel goes. its a small swirl that about 1/4 inch long, its not a crack as i looked on top and its not thru and its not very deep either but a tooth pick will catch. is it normal to find casting flaws in the slides? i've fired this gun about 50 times and it performs great just didn't notice that spot before. i tried taking pics but i just get glare, thanks for any help.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-05-2010, 03:54 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9170 Times on 3959 Posts
Likes Given: 1436

Can't speak to your P95, but I have an Auto Ordnance 1911A1 that has "swirl" marks on the underside of the slide- they are from the milliing machine that made that cut. Have shot that one since 1982, does well.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #3

Liked 25 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 4

i emailed ruger this morning, just got a response. they said that the mark is where they were finishing the slide, and a small piece of slide instead of grinding down just flaked out and it would be ok.