Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Capacity

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 06:05 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3725 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
In the past, I was all about high capacity to put.me at ease. I am rethinking that. First I went from a Glock 20 with plus five on the mag, to a Glock 19 with a plus two, now I ordered a special mag that only holds eight, tops.

Mag has a lock built in, to shut the gun down. Mag shows up next week, I will do a review of it.
Next just get a revolver brother.

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #22

Liked 85 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Id have to go with power. Ct sucks and "high cap" mags are as bad a the bgs. Lol if the gun came with a 17rd mag its a standard cap mag not a high cap damn maloy. Any way, i cant see getting into a fire fight where i live maybe using 5rds at the most. I havent decided on a ccw yet still looking ive got the glock in mind in 40cal. Im no good under pressure with a 45 and i feel 9 is alittle under powered.

you pew pew pew lately bro!?

Old 08-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #23

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddie10
Id have to go with power. Ct sucks and "high cap" mags are as bad a the bgs. Lol if the gun came with a 17rd mag its a standard cap mag not a high cap damn maloy. Any way, i cant see getting into a fire fight where i live maybe using 5rds at the most. I havent decided on a ccw yet still looking ive got the glock in mind in 40cal. Im no good under pressure with a 45 and i feel 9 is alittle under powered.
I carry the Glock 26!! Great shooter!! And conceals well!! Maybe the 27 is for you!! Same gun but in 40!! I think the mag holds one less(9)! I'm a dude that won't own something I can't carry!! I would say 75% of the time, your need for a gun would arise outside your home!! I have no stats to back that!! But it's just what I believe!! A good defense round in 9mm is adequate for most anything you might run into!! But whatever your comfortable with!! I roll with 9 mm because it's so popular.and available!! If all things were equal, 357 mag is the perfect caliber to me!! But 357 defense ammo is pricy, limited and the capacity for the average revolver is 6 and that's where the debate is won with 9mm

Old 08-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

I would always always always rather 16 9mm than 6 .357. Statistics show that even trained law enforcement officers drop to 11% accuracy in a firefight. This is because during an adrenaline dump most of your fine motor skills go out the window. More rounds means more probability of a hit. Plus in a handgun caliber once you hit 9mm ballistics show that most of your bonded hollow points will do pretty close to the same amount of damage across platforms.

I would imagine your average CCP holder will have much less range time and much less training than a LEO. And so their statistics would probably be even worse.

If only 11% of my rounds hit the bad guy I'd better have way more than 6. At least at 16 statistics are in my favor of drilling the bad guy once or twice.

My weapon of choice is not a 9mm though, its actually my Glock 22, which is chambered in .40.Gives me 15 in the mag 1 in the chamber and I carry 2 extra mags. It's my duty weapon so I've put literally thousands of rounds down range with it and it feels like an extension of my arm when I pull it out.

Well.... I say that but if SHTF the M4's coming out. And then statistics are definitely in my favor because I'm not running out of mags or ammo any time soon that's for sure. But I can't really carry that one concealed on my person very well.

I tried an ankle holster for it but It just kinda sticks out ya know? ;-)

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 08-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
I would always always always rather 16 9mm than 6 .357. Statistics show that even trained law enforcement officers drop to 11% accuracy in a firefight. This is because during an adrenaline dump most of your fine motor skills go out the window. More rounds means more probability of a hit. Plus in a handgun caliber once you hit 9mm ballistics show that most of your bonded hollow points will do pretty close to the same amount of damage across platforms.

I would imagine your average CCP holder will have much less range time and much less training than a LEO. And so their statistics would probably be even worse.

If only 11% of my rounds hit the bad guy I'd better have way more than 6. At least at 16 statistics are in my favor of drilling the bad guy once or twice.

My weapon of choice is not a 9mm though, its actually my Glock 22, which is chambered in .40.Gives me 15 in the mag 1 in the chamber and I carry 2 extra mags. It's my duty weapon so I've put literally thousands of rounds down range with it and it feels like an extension of my arm when I pull it out.

Well.... I say that but if SHTF the M4's coming out. And then statistics are definitely in my favor because I'm not running out of mags or ammo any time soon that's for sure. But I can't really carry that one concealed on my person very well.

I tried an ankle holster for it but It just kinda sticks out ya know? ;-)
So capacity vs a little more power is generally the way to go in your opinion??

Old 08-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall

So capacity vs a little more power is generally the way to go in your opinion??
Providing the ammo you are shooting meets the FBI penetration standards, yes.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 08-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post

I carry the Glock 26!! Great shooter!! And conceals well!! Maybe the 27 is for you!! Same gun but in 40!! I think the mag holds one less(9)! I'm a dude that won't own something I can't carry!! I would say 75% of the time, your need for a gun would arise outside your home!! I have no stats to back that!! But it's just what I believe!! A good defense round in 9mm is adequate for most anything you might run into!! But whatever your comfortable with!! I roll with 9 mm because it's so popular.and available!! If all things were equal, 357 mag is the perfect caliber to me!! But 357 defense ammo is pricy, limited and the capacity for the average revolver is 6 and that's where the debate is won with 9mm
I do like the 27. Its between the 22, 27 i also was looking at the usp compact in 40. I might just have to get 2 guns a ccw and a range gun!!! I know the new sd ammo for 9s are rated really well idk its one of those things. Im confident with any thing i handle. Maybe ill look into the 19 and the 26. Lol

Old 08-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddie10

I do like the 27. Its between the 22, 27 i also was looking at the usp compact in 40. I might just have to get 2 guns a ccw and a range gun!!! I know the new sd ammo for 9s are rated really well idk its one of those things. Im confident with any thing i handle. Maybe ill look into the 19 and the 26. Lol
The 19 I Own!! The perfect pistol in my opinion!! 15 in a very tight group with a little practice!! I use a 9" paper plate as a target over the practice targets!! 13 out of 16 where on the plate from 20 yards!! Theory is, if you can nail a 9" paper plate consistently you can probably nail head shots close to the same!! Even if 3 of the 16 land in the head your worries are most likely over-

Old 08-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #29

Liked 110 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:

Sounds like you want all 3!! That's the whole point!! Power or capacity??
Depends on situation. Power over capacity unless there is many threats. Don't matter how much power you have if u run out of ammo. I would like to see someone shoot a charging Kodiak bear with a 9mm, r.I.p.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #30

Quote:

The 19 I Own!! The perfect pistol in my opinion!! 15 in a very tight group with a little practice!! I use a 9" paper plate as a target over the practice targets!! 13 out of 16 where on the plate from 20 yards!! Theory is, if you can nail a 9" paper plate consistently you can probably nail head shots close to the same!! Even if 3 of the 16 land in the head your worries are most likely over-
The 19s not much bigger the the 27 right? Maybe i will get the 19 and try out some of the 9mm sd ammo on some gel blocks. I do like the feel of the 19 and thats what a friend of mine let me shoot at the farm. Real easy to get fallow up shots back on target. Choices wish i had a room full of 100 dollar bills. Id just get obe of every thing. Lol