Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Capacity

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13

Lol. Haven't had too many zombies in my area but you're Absolutely right from the reports I've seen.

Nothing like trying to keep your head on straight when someone is trying to take it off. The closest you can come to training for it (on a standard range) is to sprint around a bit and then bang out 50 pushups, grab your gun and shoot. It's amazing what heavy breathing and shaking arms will do to your accuracy.
Even more of a case for high capacity!! Lol I love the language-

Old 08-24-2013, 12:05 AM   #12
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2756 Times on 1597 Posts
Likes Given: 1205

I have seen people miss targets at 10 feet!

Granted the range does not allow for targets to shoot back, but just the pressure of a competition can rattle someone.

(How many take a brief run up and down the range and try to hit targets when out of breath?)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-24-2013, 12:51 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3725 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

I don't fault anyone for wanting higher capacity guns. I can perfectly understand the argument.

For myself, however, later on I might bank on statistics being in my favor. IF I ever have to use my gun, presenting it will probably be enough. IF I do have to pull the trigger, one time will prolly be enough to scare him off. IF he doesn't scare easily, 1-3 hits should be enough to stop the threat.

IF multiple bad guys come after me, I'll adjust my shots accordingly.

I'd rather be comforted knowing that the wheel gun in my belt will definitely fire six times, than worry that the semi-auto in my belt might misfire one too many times.

Plus, I'll take the stopping power of .357 Magnum all day, every day over 9mm.

I do love my 9mms, though. And if I had to, I'd trust my life on either of my M&Ps.

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:57 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357
I don't fault anyone for wanting higher capacity guns. I can perfectly understand the argument.

For myself, however, later on I might bank on statistics being in my favor. IF I ever have to use my gun, presenting it will probably be enough. IF I do have to pull the trigger, one time will prolly be enough to scare him off. IF he doesn't scare easily, 1-3 hits should be enough to stop the threat.

IF multiple bad guys come after me, I'll adjust my shots accordingly.

I'd rather be comforted knowing that the wheel gun in my belt will definitely fire six times, than worry that the semi-auto in my belt might misfire one too many times.

Plus, I'll take the stopping power of .357 Magnum all day, every day over 9mm.

I do love my 9mms, though. And if I had to, I'd trust my life on either of my M&Ps.
357 mag is awesome caliber!! If I could carry anything in 4" comfortably I probably would!!

Old 08-24-2013, 12:59 AM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5462 Times on 2853 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Don't worry revolvers aren't jam free and do malfunction just like semis. Only when a revolver goes to hell it usually takes tools to get it working again.

Revolvers can suffer from lint dirt debris in the cylinder pawl area, overlong ammo not letting the cylinder turn , high primers or thick rims sticking the cylinder. I see it happen ALL the time in cowboy action shooting. Incident rates about the same as semis.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-24-2013, 01:02 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3725 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
Don't worry revolvers aren't jam free and do malfunction just like semis. Only when a revolver goes to hell it usually takes tools to get it working again.

Revolvers can suffer from lint dirt debris in the cylinder pawl area, overlong ammo not letting the cylinder turn , high primers or thick rims sticking the cylinder. I see it happen ALL the time in cowboy action shooting. Incident rates about the same as semis.
I know. But I'll be using factory ammo so the ammo/cases won't be an issue. And I shoot my guns often enough, and clean often enough, that I'll know about it before he issue comes up.

Ideally.

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:08 AM   #17

Liked 110 Times on 82 Posts

Give me the 10 of .45 acp, unless I have more than 3 threats, then I will take my m&p9. If its life and death with a big bear, say a Kodiak bear the .357 is a must

Old 08-24-2013, 05:22 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45
Give me the 10 of .45 acp, unless I have more than 3 threats, then I will take my m&p9. If its life and death with a big bear, say a Kodiak bear the .357 is a must
Sounds like you want all 3!! That's the whole point!! Power or capacity??

Old 08-24-2013, 05:38 AM   #19

Liked 2354 Times on 1054 Posts
Likes Given: 2262

I don't think I've ever seen it reported that someone needed to use all 15, 17 or 8 rounds for that matter to resolve a self defense situation. Police and military not included. I'll take 8 or 9 slow and heavy bullets, if for no other reason than to hold collateral damage to a minimum. If I need more I have another mag. Personally I'd feel just fine carrying a SAA in 45 colt with 6 300 grain bullets.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:57 AM   #20
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 908 Times on 599 Posts
Likes Given: 226

In the past, I was all about high capacity to put.me at ease. I am rethinking that. First I went from a Glock 20 with plus five on the mag, to a Glock 19 with a plus two, now I ordered a special mag that only holds eight, tops.

Mag has a lock built in, to shut the gun down. Mag shows up next week, I will do a review of it.