Capacity
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Capacity

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default Capacity

18 of 9mm, 10 of 45, or 6 of 357mag!! I believe these are the high end capacity of most guns in these calibers!! Choose 1 for life or death random situation! And you can use any type of ammo via HP or FMJ ect. I also believe, these are universally the most popular calibers! Just a fun thread!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

I bought a 10mm so I could get the capacity of 9mm with more stopping power than 45 acp.
Before that the 1911 was my primary carry. Can't say I miss the limited capacity or bruise on my hip.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3115 Times on 1790 Posts
Likes Given: 1326

The number of bullets does not matter if all are misses.

What are you more accurate with under pressure?

Try a competition with either and it will put pressure on you to do your best.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 08-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
The number of bullets does not matter if all are misses.

What are you more accurate with under pressure?

Absolutely right. Although in a situation like that it doesn't hurt to have the extra bullets if you do panick and miss.
I was extremely accurate with my 1911. I get faster target acquisition with my glock. I can still blow out the bullseye at 21 feet. Just more comfortable knowing that if I have multiple targets I could recover from a couple misses (assuming time allows).

Old 08-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13

Absolutely right. Although in a situation like that it doesn't hurt to have the extra bullets if you do panick and miss.
I was extremely accurate with my 1911. I get faster target acquisition with my glock. I can still blow out the bullseye at 21 feet. Just more comfortable knowing that if I have multiple targets I could recover from a couple misses (assuming time allows).
How bad can you really be from 20 feet in with 18 rounds?? Even if 3 hit, chances are good that BG is probably going to go the other direction if not bleeding bad enough that thought of aggression is probably not a good idea any longer!! I'm a huge capacity freak!!

Old 08-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #6
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post

How bad can you really be from 20 feet in with 18 rounds?? Even if 3 hit, chances are good that BG is probably going to go the other direction if not bleeding bad enough that thought of aggression is probably not a good idea any longer!! I'm a huge capacity freak!!
Depends on the attacker. I know a cop that dealt with a Meth addict. He emptied his mag into the guy basically from point blank and he kept coming. He wrestled with the guy for a few minutes before he died. When they did the autopsy they found that the guys heart had basically been blown out his back. The guy was so drugged out he didn't know he was dead.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6035 Times on 3164 Posts
Likes Given: 433

Its not just meth heads we also have the salt zombies. Nothing worse than a salt zombie coming at you. All they want is to eat your face literally. Snorting bath salts burns out the brain and turns on the zombie hunger for human flesh and the no holds barred zombie strength and nothing short of lots of bullets stops them.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 570 Times on 377 Posts
Likes Given: 177

Quote:
The only way you will know that is if someone is shooting at you and the bullets are buzzing round your ear. Accuracy could go out the window in that situation no matter how good someone is at the range. So extra rounds could come in handy.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13

Depends on the attacker. I know a cop that dealt with a Meth addict. He emptied his mag into the guy basically from point blank and he kept coming. He wrestled with the guy for a few minutes before he died. When they did the autopsy they found that the guys heart had basically been blown out his back. The guy was so drugged out he didn't know he was dead.
I think that is a bit extreme!! Give me 15 from my glock 19 and I will win most battles even if its 3 or 4! Cause you can bet I have another 15 round mag nearby!!

Old 08-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #10
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Its not just meth heads we also have the salt zombies. Nothing worse than a salt zombie coming at you. All they want is to eat your face literally. Snorting bath salts burns out the brain and turns on the zombie hunger for human flesh and the no holds barred zombie strength and nothing short of lots of bullets stops them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
The only way you will know that is if someone is shooting at you and the bullets are buzzing round your ear. Accuracy could go out the window in that situation no matter how good someone is at the range.
Lol. Haven't had too many zombies in my area but you're Absolutely right from the reports I've seen.

Nothing like trying to keep your head on straight when someone is trying to take it off. The closest you can come to training for it (on a standard range) is to sprint around a bit and then bang out 50 pushups, grab your gun and shoot. It's amazing what heavy breathing and shaking arms will do to your accuracy.