Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Capacity (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/capacity-95894/)

mahall 08-23-2013 11:34 AM

Capacity

18 of 9mm, 10 of 45, or 6 of 357mag!! I believe these are the high end capacity of most guns in these calibers!! Choose 1 for life or death random situation! And you can use any type of ammo via HP or FMJ ect. I also believe, these are universally the most popular calibers! Just a fun thread!!

mountainman13 08-23-2013 12:44 PM

I bought a 10mm so I could get the capacity of 9mm with more stopping power than 45 acp.
Before that the 1911 was my primary carry. Can't say I miss the limited capacity or bruise on my hip.

danf_fl 08-23-2013 01:22 PM

The number of bullets does not matter if all are misses.

What are you more accurate with under pressure?

Try a competition with either and it will put pressure on you to do your best.

mountainman13 08-23-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 1343734)
The number of bullets does not matter if all are misses.

What are you more accurate with under pressure?

Absolutely right. Although in a situation like that it doesn't hurt to have the extra bullets if you do panick and miss.
I was extremely accurate with my 1911. I get faster target acquisition with my glock. I can still blow out the bullseye at 21 feet. Just more comfortable knowing that if I have multiple targets I could recover from a couple misses (assuming time allows).

mahall 08-23-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13

Absolutely right. Although in a situation like that it doesn't hurt to have the extra bullets if you do panick and miss.
I was extremely accurate with my 1911. I get faster target acquisition with my glock. I can still blow out the bullseye at 21 feet. Just more comfortable knowing that if I have multiple targets I could recover from a couple misses (assuming time allows).

How bad can you really be from 20 feet in with 18 rounds?? Even if 3 hit, chances are good that BG is probably going to go the other direction if not bleeding bad enough that thought of aggression is probably not a good idea any longer!! I'm a huge capacity freak!!

mountainman13 08-23-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahall (Post 1343753)

How bad can you really be from 20 feet in with 18 rounds?? Even if 3 hit, chances are good that BG is probably going to go the other direction if not bleeding bad enough that thought of aggression is probably not a good idea any longer!! I'm a huge capacity freak!!

Depends on the attacker. I know a cop that dealt with a Meth addict. He emptied his mag into the guy basically from point blank and he kept coming. He wrestled with the guy for a few minutes before he died. When they did the autopsy they found that the guys heart had basically been blown out his back. The guy was so drugged out he didn't know he was dead.

JonM 08-23-2013 01:52 PM

Its not just meth heads we also have the salt zombies. Nothing worse than a salt zombie coming at you. All they want is to eat your face literally. Snorting bath salts burns out the brain and turns on the zombie hunger for human flesh and the no holds barred zombie strength and nothing short of lots of bullets stops them.

manta 08-23-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

The only way you will know that is if someone is shooting at you and the bullets are buzzing round your ear. Accuracy could go out the window in that situation no matter how good someone is at the range. So extra rounds could come in handy.

mahall 08-23-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13

Depends on the attacker. I know a cop that dealt with a Meth addict. He emptied his mag into the guy basically from point blank and he kept coming. He wrestled with the guy for a few minutes before he died. When they did the autopsy they found that the guys heart had basically been blown out his back. The guy was so drugged out he didn't know he was dead.

I think that is a bit extreme!! Give me 15 from my glock 19 and I will win most battles even if its 3 or 4! Cause you can bet I have another 15 round mag nearby!!

mountainman13 08-23-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 1343763)
Its not just meth heads we also have the salt zombies. Nothing worse than a salt zombie coming at you. All they want is to eat your face literally. Snorting bath salts burns out the brain and turns on the zombie hunger for human flesh and the no holds barred zombie strength and nothing short of lots of bullets stops them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manta (Post 1343764)
The only way you will know that is if someone is shooting at you and the bullets are buzzing round your ear. Accuracy could go out the window in that situation no matter how good someone is at the range.

Lol. Haven't had too many zombies in my area but you're Absolutely right from the reports I've seen.

Nothing like trying to keep your head on straight when someone is trying to take it off. The closest you can come to training for it (on a standard range) is to sprint around a bit and then bang out 50 pushups, grab your gun and shoot. It's amazing what heavy breathing and shaking arms will do to your accuracy.