You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Canik tp9sa

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2016, 02:17 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Canik tp9sa

I got a new tp9sa cantik for christmas and I haven't shot it yet I want to get some strong opinions on this firearm

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-01-2016, 03:17 AM   #2

Liked 3746 Times on 2179 Posts
Likes Given: 942

I'm strongly for you taking it out and shooting it.

I'm also strongly for seeing some pics of the pristine Christmas gift before you shoot it then pics of the targets you have shot.

I'm strongly opinionated that you should provide a range report that includes handling characteristics, trigger feel, accuracy, reliability and listing the types of ammo used.

Otherwise I don't have much of an opinion on these yet. I hear a lot of good things about performance and price. So, it would be nice to hear more from someone who owns a brand new one and has put their first rounds through it.
People Like This 
Old 01-01-2016, 03:18 AM   #3

phone was loading slow. Double posted.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:48 AM   #4

Liked 47 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Hickok 45 and the Canik
https://youtu.be/vUlZK7cJKXA

Old 01-01-2016, 04:51 PM   #5

Seriously I don't have any hands on experience with the TP9SA. Some folks don't like the idea that it is a single action version of the striker fired design and has a manual decocker. Their argument is that if you decock it your trigger is dead, unlike with the TP9 which allows the trigger to reset the striker.

My personal opinion is "don't use the Decocker unless you are getting ready to disassemble the pistol. Then it is like most other striker fired pistols, but with a trigger that is regarded as being one of the lightest, smoothest striker fired triggers out there, with a positive reset. Is it too light for safe carry? I don't know. Would it make a good IPSC or IDPA gun? Quite possibly.

The price is hard to argue against when they are cheaper than most other similar guns, like Glock, Springfield, and S&W. They are built in a factory that meets NATO standards.

Definitely SES like a pistol worth trying out.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:34 AM   #6

Liked 111 Times on 82 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I got the TP9V2 (DA/SA version) a few weeks ago. 500 rounds and no hangups whatsoever at this point. It is possibly the best pistol deal on the US gun market at the moment. Cerakoted slide, steel sights, two 18 round mecgar mags and a case full of other goodies for the price they are asking is too good to pass up.

The only upgrade I have made to mine at this point was to improve the DA pull slightly and that was a surprisingly easy job. The factory DA and SA were not bad by any means but making it better looked easy (and was easy) so I did it anyway. Didn't have to polish the feed ramp as it was sporting a mirror finish out of the box. Next step: find a good set of night sights for it.

After tweaking the trigger, accuracy was maybe a little easier to squeeze out of it. Pic is after 18 rounds at 10 yards with a fairly quick pace. Canik tp9sa - Semi-Auto Handguns

Old 01-06-2016, 12:54 PM   #7

Liked 243 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 196

I've heard nothing but good about this pistol. I also hear that the trigger is one of the best out there. Some are using them in IDPA matches.

Old 01-09-2016, 09:54 PM   #8

So I took my tp9sa out to shoot for the first time not impressed it the first 50 was smooth then after it jammed ever other round idk if its the ammo or the gun

Old 01-10-2016, 12:49 AM   #9

Liked 243 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwolf47 View Post
So I took my tp9sa out to shoot for the first time not impressed it the first 50 was smooth then after it jammed ever other round idk if its the ammo or the gun
I have to ask-
Did you take it apart and clean it first, removing the grease that comes on and in it?
Reloads or factory ammo?
Round nose or hollow points?
Limp wristing or firm hold?
You say jammed? Do you mean fail to eject? Or fail to load?

The reason I am asking is because- I'm thinking of buying one.

More info please!

Old 01-10-2016, 01:08 AM   #10

Took it apart first and clean it
Factory ammo
Full metal jacket
Both firm and limp wrist
Fail to eject on some and fail to load on some