Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (
-   -   Can someone answer this? (

NvRbanArms 03-03-2012 09:55 AM

Can someone answer this?
Have a glock27. Brought it to the range and it has been ejecting the shells like rockets. They r hitting off the wall of the booth and even going two booths over. And it is also. Bending in the tips of the shells on one side where the bullet exits the shell. What could be the culprit of this

rigjumpr 03-03-2012 10:05 AM

Coming for the hip so to speak, I don’t have the answer you’re looking for but, the good news is we have a plethora of knowledgeable members here that will gladly help you.

robocop10mm 03-03-2012 10:13 AM

Sounds like it is working properly. Ejection is positive. The brass is ejected well clear of the gun. If this is a new issue check two things. Some ammo is loaded hotter than others. Is this ammo the same as you have been using? Could be hot loads. If the gun is older and has 2-3K fired througbh it, it could be time for a new recoil spring.

okdonk 03-03-2012 10:13 AM

I wont take it as a problem. Most importantly no failure to eject, feed and shoot. ;)

NvRbanArms 03-03-2012 10:28 AM

True about the eject,feed,shoot. Lol. Definitely eject. But what concerns me is the bent shells. It looks like the shells r hitting the ejection port on the slide so hard they are getting bent. It is a used gun. Police trade G27 Gen2.5 or 3 as some get annoyed by hearing 2.5. Did not have one failure whatsoever with it today with exactly 150 rounds through it. Just flying hot devil shells and they get all bent out of shape. I'll post a pic of some of the shells. Never seen this happen before. Oh and where can I find a recoil assembly for a gen2.5 G27. The Recoil spring looks identical to the gen4. Should I just order a gen4 G27 Recoil spring?

okdonk 03-03-2012 10:35 AM

Try do a complete strip field. Clean n lube it as supposed to. Test it on range if theres any difference. If still the same and if u feel the rsa causes the prob, order it from or

NvRbanArms 03-03-2012 10:40 AM

How do RSA differ? I mean, like stronger RSA vs weaker RSA. Because I thought it would be the weaker spring would allow the slide to shoot back too hard but I was told opposite?????

okdonk 03-03-2012 10:46 AM

Correct me if im wrong. I think stronger RSA will reduce the recoil and has nothing to do how weak or strong the ejection. Once again correct me if im wrong. I use tungsten rsa on my G19 Gen4

rigjumpr 03-03-2012 10:50 AM

Ok one more thought, do you police your brass to be reloaded? If the answer is no then as suggested field strip clean, lube and stop over thinking this……………….just say'n

NvRbanArms 03-03-2012 11:03 AM

Yea my buddy is gonna start reloading this spring so I am collecting as much as I can.