Buying today, quick opinion - XD45 4" Full or Compact?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Buying today, quick opinion - XD45 4" Full or Compact?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Buying today, quick opinion - XD45 4" Full or Compact?

Sorry for the similar post to my last, I just wanted to get people seeing a specific topic so i could get an answer quick

I have read some people saying, "when you carry it, the compact isn't really even much smaller than carrying the full. buy the full"

Since many of you guys have WAY more CC IWB than I do, do you think it's a noticeable difference between the compact vs the full to where you'd buy one over the other?

Last edited by SouthPhilly; 11-18-2010 at 03:11 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-18-2010, 03:39 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

S.P. - Springfield's website is painful to say the least. I am having problems comparing models.

Are you talking a 4" barrel in compact versus a 5" full? Or is there a 4" full that I am not seeing?

JD

Old 11-18-2010, 03:47 PM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
S.P. - Springfield's website is painful to say the least. I am having problems comparing models.

Are you talking a 4" barrel in compact versus a 5" full? Or is there a 4" full that I am not seeing?

JD
I believe he's referring to the length of the grip.
If I'm not mistaken, the only difference between the standard and compact XD45 is the compact grip is about an inch shorter than the full size.

The compact comes with one 10rd mag and one 13rd mag with grip extension.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Compact. You get the shorter grip to aid concealed carry and the extended so it shoots like the 4" service model. You can't shorten the grip on a service model but you get the benefit of the shortened grip in the compact. In my mind you get the best of both worlds in teh compact and even with the shortened grip you've got 10rds.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Last edited by spittinfire; 11-18-2010 at 04:20 PM.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:51 PM   #5

Quote:

JD
I'm comparing the 4" .45 Compact to the full size 4". They call it the Service Model.

Springfield Armory Full 4" barrel
Springfield Armory Compact 4"

Old 11-19-2010, 12:57 AM   #6

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:

JD
JD, Here are the 2 models in question. On the left is the full sized frame XD 45 with a 4" barrel. The gun on the right is the XD 45 Compact. Note the shortened grip and similar 4" barrel.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington