BuckMark - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > BuckMark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 02:53 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 112 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 93

I've disassembled a couple new Buckmarks for friends over the last year or so that had thread-locked screws. Not really a big deal if you have quality tools with bits that fit properly. Mount the pistol in a padded vise, heat it up with a heat gun/blow dryer and take 'em out. Clean up the screws and re-install them with a good snuggin'. Its just not that hard - good tools and proper support are the key to success.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:15 AM   #22

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Takedown for cleaning requires 2 different allen wrenches. I agree that a snake is MUCH better than removing the barrel to clean with standard patches.

The really difficult part we're talking about, though, is the complete takedown. And that sort of takedown is almost never necessary. I wouldn't discount a gun just because of the difficulty of disassembly. The Ruger 10/22 is even more difficult! It's not your self-defense gun, just a plinker or hunter.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 03-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #23

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

I just purchased a Buckmark last week after buying a Ruger Mark III the previous week I wanted a SS Buckmark but found the Ruger Mark III Hunter SS. After researching prices I pulled the trigger on the Ruger. It came with target grips which felt good in my hand. A few days later the LGS emailed me to let me know she got a Buckmark in. I wanted to feel the Buckmark before buying one so I went down there to check it out. After checking it out I went home and debated about buying it. Next day I went and got it. Its just a plain jane Buckmark with Truglo front sights and gray overmolded grips. \
Out of the box, the Ruger was more accurate, I had to adjust the sights on the Buckmark. 30 yards the Ruger is more accurate than the Buckmark which is due to longer barrel. I am sure a Buckmark hunter would be just as accurate. Up close both are about even giving a little edge to the Ruger due to the Buckmarks rear sights that are black on black. Ruger has a white line thats easier to see. Both threw the brass with no jams. Ruger is heavier than the Buckmark but is well balanced for being so heavy. Ruger is harder to takedown and I have not attempted it yet. I run the bore snake through it. The Buckmark is easy to takedown as I did it last night after getting the right bit.
Overall I love both of them and have no complaints. I figured I would take the Buckmark fishing with me and I wouldn't have to worry about getting it dirty or dropping it.