Bought a pocket 9mm today
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Bought a pocket 9mm today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default Bought a pocket 9mm today

I have been away for a while in that time I have been searching for a pocket 9mm. My EDC is a Kimber Ultra Crimson. But for some reason, I just had this itch for a pocket 9mm.

I researched em all. The new SIG 938, the Taurus Slim, the baby Glock(not very pocket), Ruger LC9, Kahr CW9, and the Beretta PX4sc.

I ended up getting the Beretta Nano. What I liked about the gun were a few things. Great size, just right. 2. was the DAO trigger. 9lb pull makes it safe to carry loaded with no safeties to bother with. 3. was it came with 2 magazines. 4. was its modular design. A .40 sw I hear will be able to drop right in. If I understand right. 5. Were the positive reviews far outnumbered the bad reviews. online reviews I have come to believe are as believable as a politican's promise. So the bad reviews I read seemed just to be people with buyers remorse or just very little skill with a gun.

I thought I had more but reasons but thats what comes to mind right now. You all know, or least the people I have been around a while, know I have no digital camera. Ill have to borrow one before I can post pics. The gun I got was the 2nd the store had. One was on display and the other was in the back not touched since it was packed away for shipping. You know I got the latter.

399.99 +tax 436.00 otd at a major chain.

a snipit from the above article reads--The cover story in the August issue of GUNS Magazine reviews the latest 9mm pocket pistol from Beretta: the “Slim 9” Nano. This unique striker-fired, double-action-only pocket pistol withstood an extensive series of tests by GUNS contributing editor Massad Ayoob — who gave the Nano a ringing endorsement.

“The Beretta Nano joins a growing number of ‘slim-9s’ designed for concealed carry,” writes Ayoob. “It has the very useful feature of stand-off capability, good sights, a trigger you can live with and some other cool stuff. If you are in the market for a pistol of this genre, the Beretta Nano is definitely worth a look.”

Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.

Wiebelhaus Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #2

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

I like that one, I've done some hard looking at it, if it's not a ruger or smith, it'll be this nano for sure.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:31 AM   #3

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

My Uncle has one....very nice gun and he's very happy with it. I think it's got a nice feel for it's size. congrats!!

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 10-15-2012, 01:55 AM   #4
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 895 Times on 411 Posts
Likes Given: 419

I carry an LC9 everyday at work and so far (1 1/2 years or so) its been a great little carry piece and certainly lighter than my Mil Pro.
I had opportunity to fire a Nano at the range last week and its a sweet piece I did miss the finger extension but it makes the Nano a bit more concealable I own several Barrettes and I like them all. In my opinion you can't go wrong with either one. The link below is a fair comparison as to the pros and cons of both.
http://www.guns.com/beretta-nano-vs-ruger-lc9-4351.html

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel View Post
I carry an LC9 everyday at work and so far (1 1/2 years or so) its been a great little carry piece and certainly lighter than my Mil Pro.
I had opportunity to fire a Nano at the range last week and its a sweet piece I did miss the finger extension but it makes the Nano a bit more concealable I own several Barrettes and I like them all. In my opinion you can't go wrong with either one. The link below is a fair comparison as to the pros and cons of both.
http://www.guns.com/beretta-nano-vs-ruger-lc9-4351.html
Nice post and thanks for the link. The authors only fault on the Nano was price at 475.00 back in 12-11. Today I picked it up at 399.99, granted it was on sale, but still for the price I don't think I could be wrong

Old 10-15-2012, 02:02 AM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Beretta makes some great firearms. I like that Nano. I was thinking it over for my last purchase, but I opted for a full size "range" gun, I got a SIG 1911. After all the researching and making the list of what I want to own, it's definitely on the short list, as is the Stoeger Cougar in .40, it's still a Beretta at the end of the day, and I have heard way more good about it than bad. I can see owning a Bobcat or Tomcat as well.

Get us a range report when you can...and enjoy...

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 10-15-2012, 02:22 AM   #7
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 895 Times on 411 Posts
Likes Given: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue View Post
Nice post and thanks for the link. The authors only fault on the Nano was price at 475.00 back in 12-11. Today I picked it up at 399.99, granted it was on sale, but still for the price I don't think I could be wrong
Nice! I paid $350 for the LC9 so thats certainly competitive!

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:59 AM   #8

Concerning my Nano and its ammo for SD, I have decided on Buffalo Bore 147 grain +P

anybody have experence with this ammo in a Nano?

Old 10-17-2012, 01:37 AM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

The nano is a nice gun. I was in the market for.a subcompact 9mm about a month ago and posted on this site regarding the nano. I test shot the nano, lc9 and walter pps. I.liked them all, but chose the pps. Just a personal preference as I shot it best. Beretta makes good guns, I have 2, a 92fs and a px4 storm. Both are great. I am sure the nano will remain a relevant option for.ccw for a long time.