Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > bodyguard 380 vs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default bodyguard 380 vs

I'm new to ccw and picked up a used S&W Bodyguard 380, I like the feel(small yet fits my large hands well for a compact) but the trigger has a long unsmooth pull and I have a early model w the laser button problem. Any info on fixing these problems and general info on how it stacks up to other .380's would be much appreciated

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #2

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

most da 380's have long pulls. the more you shoot it, the smoother the trigger should get. i have no experience with the laser issue so i dont think i can be much help there. did you buy used?

Old 12-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman View Post
most da 380's have long pulls. the more you shoot it, the smoother the trigger should get. i have no experience with the laser issue so i dont think i can be much help there. did you buy used?
Yes it was used, I've since called S&W their sending new buttons to me, as for the trigger I've been using a quarter resting one the slide while dry firing(the self resetting hammer is great

Old 12-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 237 Times on 183 Posts
Likes Given: 79

Trigger pulls are usually or traditionally long because there are no safeties and since these CC weapons are often used under high stress situations, the CO does not want you to "Glock" yourself.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
Trigger pulls are usually or traditionally long because there are no safeties and since these CC weapons are often used under high stress situations, the CO does not want you to "Glock" yourself.
That's the thing mine has a safety, I hope S&W or the aftermarket offers a trigger tune up kit, since the LAPD has made it their backup weapon(minus the laser and safety)

Old 12-04-2012, 02:53 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Many people do not want a safety on a BUG - one less thing to go wrong.

If you research the threads, a guy had an issue w LCP trigger and had it sent out. Wonder how much they can do ?

Why w anyone disable a functional laser ? I had to pay extra for mine...CT laser helps overcome speed bump like sights in low light or any light .

Last edited by Gonzilla; 12-04-2012 at 03:00 AM.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #7

Quote:

If you research the threads, a guy had an issue w LCP trigger and had it sent out. Wonder how much they can do ?

Why w anyone disable a functional laser ? I had to pay extra for mine...CT laser helps overcome speed bump like sights in low light or any light .
I'd be willing to bet the PD asked for no laser to save on cost. The buttons on the laser are a bad design, has soft buttons like a tv remote(not very durable for holstering and unholstering overtime)

Old 12-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #8

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Quote:

Disable laser???
Unfortunately, I bought my LC9 with a laser. Wish I had not. It makes the gun larger and heavier - and in my opinion adds nothing to close up concealed carry self protection capability. That is that gun's purpose, in my collection, ccw. That means very short range point and shoot - not careful aim - point and shoot --- to me! Repeat... to me!
So... disable? How about remove?

Old 12-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

If you need smaller, the LCP is about as light n small as you want to get. I have a love/hate affair w mine. I know lots of people want a higher caliber but it comes in a larger package.

YouTube guy - nothingfancy sp - makes a good case for the 9mm. Don't recall if he is a laser fan or not.

TV show "Guns & Gear" makes a good case for the laser in the dawn n dusk ie low light conditions. Hard to use the sights if you can't see them but as you pointed out, it's a CQB - point shoot kind of platform.

Last edited by Gonzilla; 12-05-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:43 PM   #10

I've passed my little Smith to a lady friend, taken its place is SA XDs a large step up. I went pant shopping w large pockets being the main concern.